We are looking for a Data Scientist to join ING. This team is at the heart of ING and its systems and algorithms are involved in the large scale of customer interactions. Your eagerness to learn is not only visible in the technical areas but also in how you develop your interpersonal skills. As a creative and curious Data Scientist, you are looking forward to solving a wide variety of real-world business problems. On top of this, you have the programming skills to write quality code that works in production. Machine learning, personalization, and analytics are at the core of what we do. We are looking for experienced data scientists to help us build the next generation of customer interaction experience at ING. Sounds interesting? Please read further.
What you'll do
· You’re always thinking one step ahead, for example in advising about the best way of implementation.
· You are able to look at things from a different perspective and you are keen on making original solutions work in real-life. Next, to being creative, you are also persistent.
· If the problem is hard to crack or a technical solution hard to introduce, you keep trying different approaches until you succeed.
· You enjoy working in cross-functional teams with ambitious goals, asking fellow team members for assistance, but also helping them out by sharing your knowledge and capabilities.
· You have solid communication skills that enable you to work together with many different parties throughout our organization.
· Your enthusiasm and passion are contagious, mobilizing people to capture the tremendous value that Data Science brings to customers of ING.
How to succeed
· You have at least 1 year of relevant applied experience
· MSc or Ph.D. with excellent academic results in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
· Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum way would be great
· Machine Learning: Deep Learning, Classification, Regression, Clustering, Text Mining. You have an excellent understanding of Neural Networks, Random Forests, Logistic Regression, SVM, KNN, K-Means, LDA, etc
· Programming Languages: Python, Scala is a nice to have
· Analytics tooling: SQL, Hive, Netezza, Cassandra, Cognos, Matplotlib, or similar
· Analytical and content strength (in DS work field): sees which DS techniques apply to the business problem at hand, able to structure the approach and a good programmer
· Willingness to learn: open to feedback and development on both technical and interpersonal levels
· Perseverance: does not give up when a problem is demanding, knows how to deal with setbacks
· Strong communication skills: written and spoken English needs to be convincing
· Entrepreneurial skills: takes the responsibility and makes it happen
· Enthusiasm: has a great level of enthusiasm to inspire others
· Enhanced screening will be part of the recruitment process
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
· Ambition to become the best Data Scientist team (in Banking)
· Great salary and other terms
· National or global career possibilities
· Great mix in research, strategic, operational & entrepreneurial assignments
· A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
· Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
· Reimbursement for travel expenses
· 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
· Pension scheme
· 13th month salary
· Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
· 8% Holiday payment
· Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
· An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Can you identify with this profile? Then apply and become a Data Scientist at ING.
As part of your application, we kindly request that you upload a document with a sample of your code, this is necessary for us to be able to assess your application. Please note that for this role no Relocation Package is provided.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.