ING is looking to recruit a Data Modeller/Analyst within the Chief Data Management Office (CDMO Office).
Your work environment The Global Data Area team is a newly formed head office function within the CDMO Office and is responsible for activities that support effective data management at ING. The Global Data Area team is responsible for running the Data Definition Process (DDP) following an agile way of working. The Goal of the process is to govern the creation, usage and adoption of ING Esperanto. ING Esperanto is the globally standardised set of business terms and definitions to realise a common understanding and uniformity of business terms across ING and to make it possible to exchange data between data lakes, in a uniform and industrialised way. The last is realised by creating the Esperanto logical- and physical data models and exchange structures.
The Data Modeller/Analyst will drive, define, develop and maintain the ING Esperanto Business terms and logical and physical data models. You will be part of multi-disciplinary squads formed around business initiatives.
* Execute the Esperanto process based on an Agile way of working and alignment with the other chapters and stakeholders;
* Set up and maintain design principles, standards and guidelines for Esperanto components and way of working;
* Support the Business Analysts in creating conceptual models.
* Deliver conform agreed principles and quality criteria: ING Esperanto business terms, Conceptual Data Models, data requirements, Logical- and Physical Data Models, requirements mapping and documentation necessary for shipping via Esperanto deployment packages to the Data Lakes;
* Supporting, coaching and training of colleagues in ING on ING Esperanto;
* Report on the process and communication to stakeholders.
* Maintaining and supporting the usage of the data models in the ING organization;
* Maintaining business terms and definitions, including data quality requirements and additional metadata;
Who are we looking for?
You are pragmatic, structured, problem-solving and quality-driven, yet have an eye for data management and standardisation in a complex organisation. You master the principles of model-driven data logistics and are able to practice these. You are comfortable working in an international context and shared development teams of modellers. You have outstanding social skills and can communicate effectively. Collaboration and facilitation skills are key in this role and accelerate in planning and organisational skills. You are transparent and flexible and able to act at the operational and tactical level.
Experience and Knowledge
* Advanced understanding and experience in the area of data management and/or IT, data modelling- technics, architecture and agile way of working;
* Advance knowledge of banking processes and products;
* Broad experience with data modelling tools and methods;
* Excellent communication and didactical skills and English language skills both spoken and in word are required;
* Strong Data Warehousing / Data Modelling / Database Design skills
* Experienced in writing business terms, understanding of the importance of definitions and meaning of words;
* A Bachelor degree or equivalent through experience
* Knowledge of and experience with the IBM’s BDW models and data modelling tools like Power Designer, InfoSphere Data Architect
* Knowledge of and experience acting within business area of financial institutions and within data management organisations.
* Experience as Senior Database Developer, Solution Designer or Data Architect (architecture, planning & roadmap, solution definition, solution follow-up & guidance)
* Understanding of Entity / Relationship Data Modelling, being able to interpret logical and conceptual data models and able to explain these models in a natural language.
* Knowledge of and a vision on data management and affinity with IT.
Job specific requirements
Candidates must possess the following core competencies and experience:
* Results Orientation as evidenced by a track record of delivering solutions which routinely exceed the business process expectations.
* Persistence and assertive: you deal with conflicts of interest, and obtain a good and acceptable end solution and are not afraid to challenge
* Collaboration and Influencing: able to demonstrate the ability to build meaningful relationships in a large and complex enterprise across functions, levels and geographic borders. He/she must be skilled in communicating complex ideas and solutions, at all levels of the organization and must be open to ideas from others.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.