AGT Intermediate Systems DBA in
De (financiële) wereld is de afgelopen jaren ingrijpend veranderd. Mede daardoor is de verzekeringsmarkt continu in beweging. Met onze producten en diensten willen we bij Aegon mensen in staat stellen financieel gezond oud te worden.
AEGON Global Technology (AGT) provides IT infrastructure and application support services to the AEGON businesses. AGT is responsible for the provision, support and ongoing maintenance of IT operating platforms, applications and services. There is also a strong connection with external providers necessitating vendor and service provider management. AGT is responsible for driving the technology strategy and providing IT infrastructure solutions that are in alignment with business objectives and the AGT technology strategy.
Summary of Division/Department Focus:
The AGT Open Systems DBA team is responsible for the support and maintenance of a large number of database servers and instances across multiple Open System DBMS platforms, operating systems, and hardware architectures. The AGT Open Systems DBA team provides 24/7/365 technical support including, but not limited to, installation, configuration, patching, security and audit of database engines; event level monitoring; DR, HA, backup and recovery support; capacity planning and performance management; architecture design and implementation; as well as Incident and Change Management across both the Production and non-production database estates for AGT’s global customer base.
Primary Purpose of the Position
Key Duties, Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Open Systems Database administrator supporting one of the following DBMS platforms – MS SQL, Oracle, or UDB.
- Systems DBA responsibilities focusing on support of DB infrastructure across Microsoft, Linux, or AIX operating systems.
- The installation, configuration and maintenance of one DBMS environment
- Proactive monitoring of all databases
- Backup, recovery and housekeeping tasks
- Incident, capacity and performance management for both production and development environments and databases
- Disaster recovery
- On-call rota and out of hours working to support incidents and changes
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all health and safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- 4-year Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2 years’ experience as a Systems DBA with MS SQL, Oracle, or UDB, or MySQL including:- installation, configuration, maintenance, patching and upgrade of Oracle, SQL, and/or UDB databases
- significant hands on experience with one of the following - SQL Server 2005 and up, Oracle 10.2.04 and up, or UDB 9.5 and up databases
- logical and physical database design
- backup, recovery and housekeeping
- performance monitoring and tuning
- Experience with Linux and/or Wintel environments
- Knowledge of Clustering, mirroring and log shipping across one or more Open System DBMS
- Experience with in-depth performance monitoring toolsets
- Familiarity with BMC Remedy and Database Automation
- Experience with SQL, MySQL or other Open System DBMS (Oracle, UDB)
- Office working environment.
- Out of hours support (on-call and standby), evenings and weekends, will be required to support customer and AGT requirements
- Travel to other AGT locations may be require
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry with competitive compensation, professional learning and development, and international assignment possibilities.
Are you interested and do you meet the requested profile? Then we invite you to apply. For more information, please contact Jamie Rogers email@example.com
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)