Seeking a Quality Engineering & Test Automation Senior Manager to drive increased efficiency and effectiveness in testing using existing and emerging cutting-edge automation approach and technology. As a Quality Engineering & Test Automation Senior Manager work across business unit, organizational and geographic boundaries to deliver meaningful business value faster by developing and implementing a world-class Quality Engineering & Automation vision and strategy for Transamerica. Significantly increase the level of test automation coverage throughout the enterprise.
- Automation development and standards for legacy, Dev Ops and Agile environments.
- Test and defect management processes and tooling.
- Regression test automation framework support to increase reusability and maintainability.
- Continuous testing/integration with CI/CD tools.
- Performance, load and stress testing.
- Shared Test Lab(s), Devices, Cloud, Service Virtualization.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators and metrics dashboard.
- Leading Automation Task Force by driving innovation and solving real business problems through quality engineering.
- Hands-on leadership ensuring successful design, development and maintenance of automation frameworks for effective and efficient test execution in hybrid environment that includes legacy (mainframe and client server) and cutting-edge technologies (digital, web services, mobile, cloud).
- Execute testing Automation Strategy with a distributed team of full-time employees and contractors.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the area of test automation methodologies, best practices and software application testing tools on variety of applications relevant to our business environment.
- Propose and implement recommendations regarding issues, processes and procedures both internally and externally in the areas of regression testing, performance testing, service virtualization and shared testing labs.
- Lead teams of employees and contractors managing complex projects. Provide leadership and direction to the teams to create and execute automated testing plans appropriate to function, product, enhancements, etc. being tested.
- Demonstrate advanced expertise and knowledge in technology, SDLC and operational methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent education/experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten years of IT experience, with five years of management experience preferred.
- Experience with automated testing tools, software development and testing methodologies.
- 5+ years Quality Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, UFT, ALM, JIRA, QA Symphony, LoadRunner, Performance Center, etc.
- 4+ years of experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Financial Services industry experience a plus.
- Analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to balance multiple projects within tight timelines.
- Strong written and oral communication, collaboration and influencing skills to drive change across business units.
- Communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Acts as a key contact to management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for hiring and developing employees to ensure that the testing is carried throughout in accordance with the company’s business processes.
- Provide coaching and leadership to staff.
- Office environment.
- Travel as needed, up to 20%.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)