Responsible for the development and support of the Business Intelligence Analytics products and platforms including but not limited to data warehouse, data visualizations and interactive reports. Responsible for applying Business Intelligence and Analytics subject matter expertise (data modeling, data discovery, BI product offering development and conceptual insurance acumen) to provide the business support departments with the tools and data representations which allow increasing organizational profit and meeting strategic goals.
- Continuously develops and maintains an understanding of Business Intelligence technology and architecture, including data warehousing, dimensional modeling, OLAP functionality, reporting tools, and other methods of information delivery.
- Develop and maintain expertise with MSBI tools including: Excel/PowerPivot, SSRS, PerformancePoint, SSIS, & SSAS/BISM.
- Develop database and/or data presentation solutions to deliver information to end-users accurately and efficiently
- Extract, transform, & load data using data management tools and T-SQL.
- Analyze, understand, and document user needs to ensure accurate fulfillment of user story requests from internal business customers.
- Contribute to, and possibly lead, project teams that are developing or modifying highly complex information solutions.
- Administer and maintain the BI Portal, data warehouse, and existing BI solutions.
- Continuously develop expertise in the data and data models within the data warehouse, as well as an understanding of supported business domains.
- May construct data models, data dictionaries, and report glossaries.
- May conduct user interviews and training sessions
- May mentor teammates on BI tools and methods.
- Conduct and may facilitate internal testing and user acceptance testing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience. Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Strong understanding of BI concepts & tools.
- Demonstrated ability to write SQL/TSQL queries to retrieve/modify data
- Previous experience with BIDS/MSBI Stack.
- Proven ability to work with less senior staff for guidance in solution delivery
- Ability to abstract a concept into a series of lifecycle components and events.
- Significant experience developing physical dimensional models, OLAP processes or data visualizations OR
- significant experience in data modeling, data discovery and the application of data to solve business problems
- Proven problem solving ability and a willingness to think “outside-the-box”.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)