We are not simply filling an existing slot. We are searching for a seasoned software engineer who is looking for a real challenge in a newly formed IT department at the heart of one of the world’s leading insurance and financial services providers. Function
Based in Aegon’s corporate center in The Hague, the Software Developer will be responsible for the development and third-line support of software used by the Insurance and Bank pillars to run financial models for internal and external reporting.
This will involve the set-up and technical management of Infrastructure as Code (AWS: Cloud formation templates, Azure: Resource Manager Templates); OTAP environments for model development and a "Run orchestrator" function too allow models to be called across different cloud environments (within AWS and Azure).
In addition to developing tools for the Finance user, you play an active role in thinking along with software architects in the FN Platform Maintenance team to improve existing tools and solutions. Profiel
As Software Developer, you will need to creative, client focused and conscious of data sensitivity and pro-active in helping to mitigate the risk of leaks. In addition, the minimum education and experience requirements are as follows:
- Applied sciences (Dutch HBO level) or University (Dutch WO), dependent on intake level
- More than 3-years’ experience as a senior software engineer with s clear grasp of software engineering best practices
- Ideally, an affinity with Finance and Financial Risk
- Competent in Cloud infrastructure development, and network and security engineering
- Experience with various platforms and software languages
Aegon aims to be an employer of choice in the financial services industry. As a global company, we offer excellent terms of employment, a very diverse and inspiring work environment, and development opportunities. Moreover we offer:
- A gross monthly salary of € 2851 - € 4751 based on 38 hours a week.
- A monthly flexbudget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- A good work/life balance including a minimum of 25 vacation days.
- A commuting allowance.
- An excellent pension plan and discounts on Aegon products.
Are you interested in joining our IT team in The Hague? We look forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter. For more information about the role, you can contact Tim Blok, Talent Acquisition Manager at +31 (0)6 12360106 or .
- Den Haag
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)