Are you a creative and curious Front-end Engineer, who is eager to solve a wide variety of real-world business problems? Are you able, from your thorough understanding of the software development patterns and practices, to apply modern front-end technology (Polymer) to bring our software to the next level?
Your work environment
This specific team works on an initiative related to the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2), a major regulatory change in financial technology that will change banking forever. Our tech stack consists of Polymer, Scala and Python code that runs on AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, CloudFront, S3).
The current team consists of ten members, supported by a number of specialists such as agile coaches and service designers.
You will join the team working in ING's Innovation Office, an international and highly dynamic environment. ING’s innovation methodology PACE, based on LEAN Start Up, Design Thinking and Agile, drives the iterative cycle of the accelerator.
In your role as a full-stack engineer, you need to be eager to solve a wide variety of real-world business problems. Your thorough understanding of software development patterns and practices enable you to see where the team can further improve using AI, cloud and open APIs. Although this position is for an allround full-stack engineer, we expect the majority of work in the initial months to be on the front-end.
You are a creative and curious Front-end Engineer, who is eager to solve a wide variety of real-world business problems. From your thorough understanding of the software development patterns and practices, you’re able to apply modern front-end technology (Polymer) to bring our software to the next level.
- are passionate about IT, big data, AI, and FinTech
- consider yourself a software craftsman
- have a degree in Computer Science or related field
- have 5+ years hands-on experience in front-end development
- are ambitious, strive for the best, and have a ‘can do’ mindset that inspires others
- are keen to work with data scientists and customer experts in a small multidisciplinary team, where the work division is not always clear
- have an entrepreneurial mindset and start-up spirit
- are fluent in written and spoken English
Competencies and skills required:
- Experienced in software architecture, design, development, testing and have a proven track of delivery
- Knowledge about scalable cloud/serverless solutions and microservices
- Experience with back-end programming languages such as Scala, Java, or Python is a pre
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery practices and tools
- Solid communication skills that enable you to work together with many different people within our organization, from marketeers to senior managers to data scientists
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps way
- Experience with AI, predictive analytics, machine learning or related systems is a pre
- Knowledge of FinTech, lending or related areas is a preWhat we offer
What we offer
- We offer a full time (36-40 hour workweek) project position for an ING Short Term Assignment, contractor or freelance specialist
- Initial project assignment is until end 2019 with a continuous notice period of 4 weeks
- Open, informal, fun working environment and office space @ING Labs Amsterdam
- Work in a cross-functional Agile team
- Fantastic colleagues
Interested or want to learn more?
Apply directly and click on Apply for this job. For further information please contact Jeroen Korteland via 0031 6 5463 8822, Resource Manager ICEC Accelerators.
We expect all candidates to live by the ING Orange code and are willing to take the Bankers Oath (see: ).
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.