ING is looking for both Functional and Technical oriented DevOps Engineer to work on our strategic global front-office application and further strengthen the eFX team. About... Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower...
ING is looking for both Functional and Technical oriented DevOps Engineer to work on our strategic global front-office application and further strengthen the eFX team.
Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance and QA measures, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on and check out this video showing the current transformation happening at ING:
As an eFX DevOps Engineer you will join a squad of 6 experts based in Amsterdam and contribute in an Agile way to the full lifecycle of the application, from analysis to implementation. Together with your team you cover the whole scope of our client’s electronic FX Trading needs. From smaller day-to-day tweaks to complex configuration changes and coordination on big strategic projects where we move from the legacy trading system onto the new platform, you will be playing a key role in running, maintaining and further enhancing our systems and improving our trading franchise.
As teams have End-to-End ownership and responsibility, the team is responsible for delivering a stable and fit-for-purpose FX trading service, including both the functional- and technical support as managing the security of the applications. You will be exposed to various demanding stakeholders and third party applications, thus providing opportunities for professional and personal development while putting to good use the knowledge and experience you have accumulated so far.
Your work environment
IT for Financial Markets is responsible for the IT environment that enables the most crucial commercial activities of ING: Trading, Risk Management, and Liquidity Management. Thousands of trades are being processed in real time by our systems every hour. Flawless processing is key as trades covering billions of euros are passing through our systems each day.
We use top notch in-house engineered solutions and market-leading vendor applications. These systems and applications need to be running virtually 24/7. If they aren’t, Financial Markets will shut down.
Our teams are spread across the Netherlands, Romania, Singapore, UK and India, serving users in over 30 countries worldwide. Our teams are often virtual and the engineers forming them come from almost every continent in the world. Therefore, our main language is English.
Working in DevOps Scrum teams we are end-to-end responsible for our software: feature analysis, design, development, implementation and support of the production environment (we build it, we own it!). We aim to go to fully self-managing and self-optimizing systems.
Finally, we are now transforming the whole Financial Markets organization to BizDevOps, where teams are composed of engineers and business colleagues for a faster and more relevant delivery to our customers.
• 5+ years of hands on work experience with an FX trading system (front or back office)
• You have a positive attitude, you think in solutions.
• You enjoy new technologies and methods and transferring them into new ideas and possibilities
• You are always trying to improve your skills, to continuously learn and get better at what you do to be able to deliver the highest quality
• You are a Team player, it is about the team, you trust others and can be trusted
• Your background shows most of the following skills:
• Relevant education at Bachelor/Master level
• Hands-on knowledge of SQL
• Hand-on knowledge of Linux and scripting (Bash, Python)
• Interest in experimenting with new technologies and tools
• An excellent spoken and written command of English
Nice to have
• Understanding of and experience with migrating/transition of a large scale critical application.
• Hands-on knowledge of Continuous Delivery tools such as: Nolio, Git, Jenkins, Logstash-Kibana-El.Search, Evolven, etc.
• working in a dynamic, international company with a market-changing attitude and culture
• sparkling job, a lot of flexibility and a good work/life balance (Glassdoor says ING is #2 in work/life balance).
• great career opportunities
• extensive training and education possibilities
• excellent salary package
• public transport (NS Business Card – free travel in NL)
• full time position (36h/week, option to work 40h/week)
• sponsorship for Non-EU candidates and support, including family, for moving to The Netherlands.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.