As the owner for our Sustainable Urbanisation theme, you are the visionary and specialist for your theme; you understand the technologies involved and have extensive experience in building new business models. You have knowledge of banks and your drive helps us to boost our innovative capacity. You have a proven ability to make an impact at scale in building new business focusing on resolving big sustainability issues in large cities .Your job
Essentially, you will build up a successful portfolio of 15-20 innovation experiments around one of the ABN AMRO innovation themes and use them to generate new business for the bank; in other words, at least two initiatives that are approved for scale-up. To this end, you will also select and coach the right entrepreneurial profiles. You will be a driver for disruptive innovation to enable our organisation to come up with new business models faster, leveraging new technologies (e.g., in smart cities platform building context). You and your team will be responsible for building new value propositions.
Cities generate 80% of global GDP yet are responsible for more than 70% of greenhouse gas emissions and two-thirds of energy consumption worldwide. We need to understand the impact of this permanently evolving urban ecosystem on sustainability, connectivity and our customers. For ABN AMRO, the acceleration of sustainability in urban regions will have a major impact on our ability to reach our environmental targets. Moreover, we can leverage and support the transition to smart cities in order to improve connectivity. Would you like to help us?
Your job in a few key phrases:
- Building on an innovation portfolio focusing on urban sustainability and using it to generate impact for the bank
- Coaching 15-20 teams to ‘maturity’
- Realising new business and with it, ultimately, new fee-based revenue
- Bringing ‘beta’ solutions to market and overseeing their scale-up
- Building and maintaining partnerships with suppliers and universities to gain early indications of the latest developments in your theme
- Acting as a spokesperson for ABN AMRO on your theme, and chairing the theme board
Group Innovation's target is first and foremost bringing new business models to the market, focusing at creating great customer experience and generating fee income for the bank. The new business models are adjacent to the bank's current product lines. In addition, Group Innovation is also ABN AMRO's center of expertise that is helping the bank to further empower its innovation capabilities through sharing methods and expertise regarding innovation methods, design thinking and technology trends. Group Innovation also has its own technology centres on the topics of AI, Distributed Ledger, Robotics, Quantum Computing and IOT to ensure new business models leverage the power of new technology. As the head of our Centre of Excellence you will report to our Head of Group Innovation (Chief Innovation Officer).Your profile
Combine very strong analytical skills with a decisive energy for building new propositions at scale. Know how to build a strong team around you. Can communicate clearly within a broad spectrum of senior management, business experts and technical experts. Generate buy-in and enthusiasm for proposed solutions. Also listen attentively to input and can integrate it into your approach.
- You have a proven track record of developing new business models, both successful and less successful.
- You are a specialist in urban sustainability, with a strong reputation in the market and an ability to act as spokesperson on behalf of ABN AMRO in your specific theme.
- You have sufficient experience with leveraging recent and brand new technologies to build new business propositions (preferably in a 'smart' cities context).
- You have built up a number of highly successful teams.- You have an established track record in building good relationships with business counterparts, academics and external partners.
An entrepreneurial role in which you are given the scope to get the best out of yourself, to grow and to make an impact for organisation and society at large.
Additionally, we offer:
- an annual pre-tax salary of between €98.645 and €140.911, based on a 36-hour working week.
- a supplementary budget of 11% with which you can buy flexible fringe benefits.
- extensive support to stay fit and healthy.
- an annual company mobility budget.
Please apply using the button below. If you have any questions please contact Edwin van Bommel (email@example.com).
At a glance The Cluster Leader is, together with the Grid owner Risk Data & Modelling Grid, responsible for driving the change in culture and behaviour required to achieve the ambition of the...
At a glance The purpose of this position is to lead and further build the data & analytics team of Financial Restructuring & Recovery, including the development and implementation of a st...
At a glance The Strategy Execution team drives the delivery of the ABN AMRO strategy. In close collaboration with the Strategy Execution Officer (SEO), members of the Executive Committee (ExCo) a...
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.