We are looking for a SAS expert to work in our DWH team as an Ops engineer. At ING we are building a next generation digital bank with technology at its core. In this quest we are looking for top notch software engineers who share the same passion and drive.
ING is transforming rapidly towards a top-notch IT company with a Top Engineering culture, incorporating FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are end-to-end agile, work in multidisciplinary teams and use latest technology.
Who are you?
You are a driven IT specialist with excellent analytical skills. You are ambitious with what you and your team want to achieve. You have very good social and communication skills. You feel a personal responsibility for the quality of your application and its reliability, and you work together with your colleagues across your domain, including colleagues from the infrastructural department. You recognise problems and work to solve them by yourself and with other ING colleagues. You have a have a 'no nonsense' getting-things-done mentality and a 24x7 mind-set.
What will you do? What are you responsible for?
• Deploying and running a Production system, and provide day to day Level 2 support for your Application and underlying infrastructure.
• Automation of deployments through CI/CD.
• Understanding any expected changes in behaviour after a specific Release, and taking appropriate action if actual behaviour is not in line with what was expected.
• Specifying, testing and executing deployment and roll-back scripts.
• Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling to enable 24x7 monitoring using appropriate Event Alerts.
• Understanding the detailed technical behaviour of your system under normal and peak loads.
• Specifying, creating, and executing the Performance and Operational Acceptance Tests including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests, with the support of the Dev Engineer.
• Understanding the behaviour of your Application in failure scenarios, and driving improvements in line with ING’s Reliability objectives.
• Understanding and monitoring the entire technology stack your Application is running on.
• Ensuring your team and your Application fully support ING’s implementation of the Service Transition and Service Operations ITIL processes including Operational Risk Control (OCD).
What skills are we looking for?
• Your key competencies: excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn.
• You love to deep dive technology, searching for root causes of issues and incidents and to resolve them.
• Knowledge of SAS Administration (Management Console)
• Knowledge of LINUX (RHEL). Optional knowledge of Windows Server technology and Citrix.
• Knowledge of SAS ETL (SAS DI studio), SAS Management Console and SAS data sets.
• Knowledge and experience (3- 5 years) with Operations activities (ITIL).
• Experience (3- 5 years) with integrating commercial off-the-shelf applications within complex domains.
• Experience with scripting languages and automation of manual activities (testing, deployment)
• Experience with monitoring end/or debugging and/or performance tuning of applications.
• Good knowledge of implementation of security measures (knowledge of ING IT Minimum standards and controls (OCD))
• Optional: Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL) and data warehousing with the ability to apply it in the context of IT operations .
• Knowledge of SAS architecture is a preference
• Flexible with respect to working pattern/ hours.
• Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
What do we offer?
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Very important is individual development of our employees and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. In addition we offer:
• an excellent salary
• a thirteenth month salary
• attractive pensions scheme etc.
• public transport season ticket
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.