ING is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer for developing whole-sale banking’s multi-country and multi-product platform that offers the best digital experience to ING’s biggest clients. Think forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are one of the most innovative banks with a strong established brand that operates world-wide with a clear omni-channel distribution strategy and international network.
What you'll do
- You will work together with a team of 5-7 young talented engineers based in Amsterdam in the Global Digital Channels domain
- The team takes end to end ownership and responsibility and contributes in an agile way to the full lifecycle of an application, from requirements phase and implementation to running it in production.
- We work in a fun and creative environment where we enable everyone to perform at their best. Trust is essential: we respect each other’s opinion and we are not afraid to speak out loud whenever it is required
How to succeed
- Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field
- Excellent knowledge of Java8+ including Spring framework 4.x/5.x and Spring Boot 2.x
- You are able to develop efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications
- Strong understanding of container-based platforms and tooling including Docker. Familiarity with Kubernetes and/or OpenShift is a plus
- Experience with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby etc)
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest trends and like to try everything out and experiment
- Good understanding of DevOps practices including Git, CI/CD, test automation and monitoring
- Good understanding of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL). Familiarity with NoSQL datastores is a big plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- Working in a dynamic and international setting
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.