You ensure the perfect architecture within the Common Infrastructure
This is what you do for our customer
A Technical Architect CI is responsible for the planning & design in her/his area in alignment with the other Architects. Within this role, you are a Technical architect with a very strong focus and competence level in IP. The CI team exists out of multiple architect with different backgrounds (e.g. IT, Telco, Video). As a technical architect you will work cross functional, self-driven, demonstrate an E2E view and will seek/arrange technical delivery alignment with other technology parties, to assure the required evolution of the technology area during the lifecycle of E2E network solutions and network components
The department is part of mobile networks, but is also delivering solutions for IT and the Fixed Network departments. The Common Infrastructure department is responsible for Plan and Build of IT private cloud, hosting multiple applications, but also seeking for the next steps within Hybrid and Public cloud.This is how you do it
You like to take the responsibility for the overall technical solution/direction within your Domain, and you ensure that the solution remains compatible with future development while maintaining technical excellence and cost efficiency. This requires skills, in predicting and anticipating these requirements, and having strategies and plans in place.In order to find the most appropriate architecture for the Domain, the Technical Architect shouldn’t only be focused on achieving the business goals and requirements, but also on the functional requirements as performance, scalability, compatibility, security, auditing, diagnostic & logging, failover and disaster recovery.You strengthen
Within this role, you will provide business and technical expertise on multiple areas of underlying environments and subject matters. You need to be able to talk with different levels, working with international teams with various back grounds and multiple vendors. This requires professionalism, integrity as well empathy. Working cross Technology units requires the ability to understand the different demands & eco systems to deliver the best possible architecture agreed with various stakeholders. High competence in IP is a must-have in this role.Who we are
VodafoneZiggo is the result of two strong Dutch companies joining forces. Since January 2017 we have formed a powerful combination in the Netherlands. As a communication provider, we offer our clients the best in entertainment, mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, and internet. Our products and services inspire people, companies and society to come into contact with each other – whether they are on the road, at home or in the workplace.
With over 8,000 employees, we are an ambitious, dynamic, and socially committed enterprise. Proud of our achievements and of the people we work with; we offer all our staff abundant opportunity for personal development.You’ve got what it takes
Of course you have a deep knowledge of architecture, designs and protocols, Combining technical understanding with business outlook. You have the ability to make architectural E2E design documents. Participate in project meetings with partners and other stakeholders for technical/architectural topics. Participate in technical E2E designs. Next to this as our Technical Architect CI you have:
- HBO or University degree in the appropriate technical work field
- Solid knowledge of NW design / architecture and Core NW experience (> 5 years)
- Experience with private clouds and eager to move up to Hybrid and Public cloud.
- Experience with Hypervisors like Vmware and Red hat Openstack
- Experience with SDN controllers, preferable in the virtual data network.
- Some Experience with infra equipment like compute, memory and storage.
- Experience with Firewalls preferable virtual Firewalls and load balancers
- Experience with Routing / switching (Juniper / Cisco) / network security.
- Strong performance & customer oriented
- Trouble shooting capabilities and problem solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Established networking or closeness with other engineering domains which also deeply impacting performance such as IP infra, IP service, Transport & Transmission, etc.
You deserve it
- An ambitious employer. We want the best for you and your colleagues
- A good salary. Perfectly in line with your background
- Financial benefits. These include special agreements concerning annual leave, pension and other employee-friendly schemes
- Potential for growth. We offer full opportunities for growth. It’s up to you to take advantage of them
You do it
Are you in? Do you ensure the perfect architecture within the Common Infrastructure? Now click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call Alexander Wich at: 0624927067 or send us a message; firstname.lastname@example.org
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.