Named as one of Fortune's List of 100 Fastest Growing Companies for 2019, EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 33,100+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty, and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Currently we are looking for a Big Data Architect for our Amsterdam office to make the team even stronger.
This is a high profile roles within both EPAM and onsite with our clients where you will have a high degree of flexibility to own and enhance the technical landscape.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever and enjoy developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
- Design data analytics solutions by utilizing the big data technology stack
- Create and present solution architecture documents with deep technical details
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for future solutions
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit, calculate and present ROI
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities: direct communications with customers, RFP processing, the development of proposals for implementation and design of the solution, presentation for proposed solution architecture to the customer and participate in technical meetings with customer representatives
- Create and follow personal education plan in the technology stack and solution architecture
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Get involved in engaging new clients to further drive EPAM business in the big data space
- Strong ‘hands-on’ experience as a Big Data Architect with a solid design/development background with Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience delivering data analytics projects and architecture guidelines
- Experience in big data solutions on premises and on the cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Production project experience in at least one of the big data technologies
- Batch processing: Hadoop and MapReduce/Spark/Hive
- NoSQL databases: Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo/Kudu
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology, Scrum in particular
- Experience in direct customer communications and pre-selling business-consulting engagements to clients within large enterprise environments
- Fluent English
Nice to have
- Practical experience in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problem analysis
- Experience in Linux based environments
- Understanding of data modelling challenges and techniques in an enterprise environment
- Stream processing: Kafka/Flink/Spark Streaming/Storm
- Background in traditional data warehouse and business intelligence stacks (ETL, MPP Databases, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAP Business Object)
- Competitive Compensation
- 26 paid holiday days
- Commuting to work- costs reimbursement
- Option to participate in our Pension Plan scheme OR Health insurance Compensation
- Discretionary Performance Based bonus
- Laptop + Corporate Simcard
- Annual Salary Review
- Trainings, Internal Education and Dutch Language Courses
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation Package
- Regular Corporate and Social Events
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and multicultural company
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)