ING’s goal is to enable people to “do their thing” and empower them to stay a step ahead in life and business. We are one of the largest banks in Europe and we continuously evolve to become one of the most innovative companies in the banking sector.
Your new job
The Tribe Lending is looking for a Chapter Lead - passionate engineer, proud of your craft, solution-focussed and broadly developed. Our IT Chapter Leads have a positive can-do mind-set and they live the Orange Code Behaviour. Besides a passion for IT, Chapter Leads have strong people management skills.
The Tribe Lending has the purpose: "Make complex lending simple". The Tribe is accountable for the end-to-end seamless Lending Client Journey. The solutions we design, develop and maintain are both in-house build and COTS. The technology being used is Linux/Oracle and Windows/MSSQL. Your chapter Ops Engineering is about acquiring and sharing in-depth knowledge of the functionality, technology, and behaviour of 3rd party or inhouse applications; and know-how to configure and integrate these in the Lending ecosystem, applying engineering principles and practices.
What will you do?
The IT Chapter Lead:
- Is accountable to identify and fulfil IT knowledge gaps within the tribe ensuring that Tribes/Squads are qualitatively properly staffed.
- Stimulates the Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills and the area of expertise as a whole.
- Encourages and stimulates employees to take responsibility for their own development and employability.
- Coaches individual Chapter members, both regarding expertise related skills and behavioural aspects.
- Propagates a culture that fits with the agile way of working and is a role model
- Determines, together with the Chapter members, the way of working in his/her IT Chapter and sets standards for the area of expertise.
- Is hands-on Ops Engineer with a SRE mindset and able to deliver value within a squad and the Tribe overall
Your key responsibilities
You hierarchically oversee a chapter of 10-12 engineers, including ‘people management’. This covers the recruiting of new talents, administration, personal development, and evaluation of your Chapter members. You inspire and encourage your Chapter members to develop themselves, providing them coaching on both the professional as well as the personal level. In short, your key responsibilities are:
- Being an ambassador for cultural change and a role model in terms of the new Agile Way of Working: ensure continuous learning based on feedback, taking into account the different backgrounds of people across cultures and geographies
- Developing individuals and teams and maintains a high level of performance, taking into account teams can work at different locations, countries and time zones
- Being responsible for 10-12 Engineers sharing passion and expert knowledge in Ops Engineering
- Highly proficient at identifying international market trends that may impact the way of working of IT professionals, and able to adopt and implement these trends
- Highly proficient at helping the organisation structure complex engineering issues, aware of different development methodologies, end-to-end testing, Identity and Access Management, IT Risk control, infra provisioning, Change Management, CI/CD
- Encouraging and facilitating people in the Chapter to continuously develop themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so that they remain up-to-date in their field of expertise.
- Working in a squad as an engineer across various aspects of system engineering including Operating systems, middleware, application servers, Database etc
- Setting up appropriate monitoring/observability for complex systems
Who should apply?
At ING, we promote diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it’s essential for delivering on our strategy. To stay a step ahead we need teams with a healthy mix of contrasting perspectives and backgrounds as they are more creative, faster to adapt and more inventive with their solutions. We strive to hire a workforce as diverse as the communities in which we operate, and we will consider every application, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability or age.
If you are a driven and passionate IT (Dev)Ops engineer with an interest in people. You are ambitious with what you and your Chapter want to achieve. You stimulate your Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills. You speak up and challenge the status quo. You are a coach to individual Chapter members, both regarding Chapter related skills and behavioural aspects. You have a the proven track record (6+ years’ experience) in IT Ops engineering, to mentor, coach or develop people, and with the passion of leading teams to drive results and interact with stakeholders, we would love to hear from you.
Additional optional criteria which will be considered separately as a “plus”:
- Strong plus - Experience with applying SRE concepts wit 3rd party software
- Master level education in Computer Science, IT, Maths or the likes
- Strong analytical background in IT (6+ years of experience)
- Experience with Major incidents handling both supervised and unsupervised.
- Experience in setting up docker containers, Kubernetes and Open Shift
- Experience in deployment/configuration management tools like Ansible
- You actively keep up to date with the latest developments and to incorporate them in your work.
- You embody our orange code in your professional manner: you take on activities and responsibilities and make them happen, you help others to be successful, and you are one step ahead in anticipating your colleagues and stakeholders.
- You are a team player
- You are passionate about IT
- Strong analytical skills
- Eager to learn
- Dare to experiment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- You have the ability to adjust the style of communication
- You are an ambassador for automation and resiliency
- You are an Orange Code role model - You are always a step ahead, you take it on and make it happen and you help others to be successful
What we oﬀer
- A job from 36 to 40 hours that ﬁts your schedule to balance work and private life.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home some of the days
- Travel reimbursement
- 24 vacation days with 36-hour work week. (or 27 days with 40)
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster