If you want to work at a place with ample opportunities to innovate, where we are committed to deliver stable, secure and reliable services to end users, and where we have a no nonsense getting-things-done mentality, then please read on!
What we’re looking for
The Tribe Lending is looking for a Chapter Lead, which is a passionate, enthusiastic, senior software engineer that has the capability to lead a team. We need someone who is proud of their craft, is solution-focused and broadly developed. Our IT Chapter Lead has a positive can-do mindset and they live the Orange Code Behaviour. Besides a passion for IT, our Chapter Leads have strong people management skills.
The purpose of the Lending Tribe is to "make complex lending simple". The Tribe is accountable for the end-to-end seamless Lending Client Journey. The solutions we design, develop and maintain are both in-house built and COTS. The technology being used is Linux/Oracle and Windows/MSSQL.
What you will do
The IT Chapter Lead…
- Is accountable to identify and fulfil IT knowledge gaps within the tribe ensuring that Tribes/Squads are qualitatively properly staffed.
- Stimulates the Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills and the area of expertise as a whole.
- Encourages and stimulates employees to take responsibility for their own development and employability.
- Coaches individual Chapter members, both regarding expertise related skills and behavioural aspects.
- Propagates a culture that fits with the agile way of working and is a role model
- Determines, together with the Chapter members, the way of working in his/her IT Chapter and sets standards for the area of expertise.
Your key responsibilities
You hierarchically oversee a chapter of 7-10 engineers, including the task of ‘people management’. This covers the recruiting of new talents, administration, personal development, and evaluation of your chapter members. You inspire and encourage your chapter members to develop themselves, providing them coaching on both the professional as well as the personal level. This could be part of your personal development as well, if not fully familiar with it at this point in time in your professional career.
In short, your key responsibilities are:
- Being an ambassador for cultural change and a role model in terms of the new Agile Way of Working: ensure continuous learning based on feedback, taking into account the different backgrounds of people across cultures and geographies
- Developing individuals and teams and maintains a high level of performance, taking into account teams can work at different locations, countries and time zones
- Being responsible for 7-10 Engineers sharing passion and expert knowledge in one of the fields of the IT Area
- Highly proficient at identifying international market trends that may impact the way of working of IT professionals, and able to adopt and implement these trends
- Highly proficient at helping the organisation structure complex engineering issues, aware of different development methodologies, end-to-end testing, Identity and Access Management, IT Risk control, infra provisioning, Change Management, CI/CD
- Encouraging and facilitating people in the Chapter to continuously develop themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so that they remain up-to-date in their field of expertise.
Who are you?
- You are a driven and passionate IT engineer with an interest in people.
- You are ambitious with what you and your Chapter want to achieve.
- You do not micro-manage, but stimulate your Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills.
- You encourage and stimulate your team to take responsibility for their own development and employability.
- You are a coach to individual Chapter members, both regarding Chapter related skills and behavioral aspects.
- You bring positive energy to the Tribe and have very good social and communication skills.
- You are eager to learn and dare to experiment
- You are flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- You have the ability to adjust the style of communication
- You come up with smart solutions that to customer needs
- You are an Orange Code role model - You are always a step ahead, you take it on and make it happen and you help others to be successful
Your education, experience and background:
- Education at Bachelor/Master level with a strong analytical background in IT.
- 5 years of relevant IT experience
- Staying ahead as a software engineer
- Keeping in-touch with the latest technologies and developments
- Building with Java, Angular.js or Node.js
- Coding API’s
- Principles and practices of CI/CD
- Knows a broad range of development topics