ING is looking for an Ops Engineer within the Payments Tribe of Wholesale Banking. If you want to work at a place where investing in Security never stops, and where we are building a team of top-notch Ops Engineers that can take on the challenges of running some of the internet-facing applications of one of the largest European Banks, please read on. you have a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment. We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business so that in the end there are no surprises about what we build.
What you'll do
- You can combine a Risk and Security savvy attitude with the technical skills on Linux and Oracle
- You will look after the availability, reliability of an Internet-facing commercial banking system, IBP
- You will be building and maintaining a secure build and release pipeline for Continuous delivery of Software.
- You will be monitoring and supporting the production environment and several other environments of Channels in the Payments Tribe
- You will be designing and implementing tight Security measures on Linux, middleware and our Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Streamlining our development process from code check-ins all the way to deployment into production in collaboration with Dev colleagues
- Evolve our approach for monitoring and alerting towards preventive monitoring
- You will participate in DevOps Teams and software release cycles in collaboration with the Commercial Banking business and its support functions, all within a DevOps way of working.
- The field evolves fast and staying up-to-date and exercising technical leadership to help the organization stay at the forefront is of paramount importance.
How to succeed
- You have a strong knowledge of Linux and Oracle to improve the capacity and performance of the systems.
- You take ownership of actions and show a high level of autonomy: you are a role model and/or you become the ‘go to person’
- You are able to influence and convince stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- You are capable to build trusted relationships
- You are creative and a team player
- You have a good knowledge of banking & non-financial and regulatory risks
- You have excellent analytical skills to assess & predict risks starting from information/data available
- You have experience in the inner workings of OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems, e.g. RHEL Oracle etc. and Java
- You have a good knowledge of enterprise-level networking (TCP/IP, VPNs, SFTP, Proxy, Firewalls)
Performance/Capacity/Availability Monitoring, knowledge of well-known tools in this area (such as Prometeus, Nagios, Graphite, or JMeter) is a big nice-to-have
- You have experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using modern OSS tools such as Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Sonar and TFS/Ansible
- You are able to work under pressure, no 9-5 mentality, willing to be on standby outside of office hours
- Great English (and preferably also Dutch) communication skills, verbal as well as written.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.