The Financial Markets & Group Treasury Investing IT area of ING is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the systems used in the Wholesale Banking domain for trading and processing cash equity, equity derivatives, commodity derivatives, fixed income and securities financing products. The business is active in Europe, UK, America and Asia.
We are looking for a strong DevOps Engineer passionate about IT and Banking, solution-focused and able to contribute to design, development, test automation and hardening (security, stability, deployment) of our front-office systems for global exchange traded products.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for the support, maintenance and evolution of our systems used in the equity derivatives domain. You will be actively participating in the extension of the platform’s capabilities by developing, deploying and configuring new features, components and releases in an agile/scrum way. You are also responsible for the availability, stability and performance of those applications. You will be working in close co-operation with colleagues from various departments/locations and also with vendors. You keep the IT risk in control. You have close contact with end users from the trading and sales desks to provide them an excellent service. By doing so, you ensure that ING can trade competitively in the market, with high reliability and in a compliant way.
- University degree in Computer Science or engineering with strong IT background.
- 4+ years of hands on work experience with electronic trading platforms.
- Extensive work experience in a DevOps role within IT, preferably for banking.
- Proficiency on software development in Java or C# or another modern programming language. Scala is a plus
- You have a positive attitude, you think in solutions.
- You enjoy new technologies and methods, and you can apply them into new ideas and concrete solutions.
- You are always trying to improve your skills and get to better at what you do, to be able to keep adapting to the new situations and always deliver the highest quality results.
- You are a team player, you trust others and can be trusted.
- You are available to participate on application support activities outside office hours (e.g. early or late shift during weekdays, standby shifts or weekend deployments).
Your background shows most of the following skills:
- General domain knowledge on Financial Markets trading.
- Experience building custom components as part of an existing architecture.
- Scripting for general automation in UNIX & Windows servers.
- Working knowledge of SQL/Oracle. Experience with database as a service is a plus.
- Working knowledge of continuous delivery/integration pipelines such as AzureDevOps and their core functions.
- Working knowledge of middleware and network protocols.
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Experience with agile way of working.
- You support and maintain custom components for critical banking applications in the area of equity and equity derivatives trading.
- You elicit functional/non-functional requirements from users and translate them into user stories for the squad backlog or for the vendor backlog.
- Together with other engineers and the product owner, you collaborate to ensuring the quality of the vendor-built software delivery, testing and defect management.
- You providing support in DTAP phase (QA & deploy application in test, acceptance and production).
- You perform support/maintenance of application’s IT infrastructure.
- You contribute to Incident, Problem and Change Management, including help in structural solution for reoccurring problems and keeping first-rate levels of service management.
- You contribute to providing high quality evidencing to IT risk controls.
- You are able to give substantial contribution to changes, covering all functional and nonfunctional aspects of the software systems, and in close collaboration with multiple squad members.
- You demonstrate the ability to operate independently, proactively and diligently on the assigned tasks to complete them on-time and right-first-time to the satisfaction of the product owner and stakeholders.
- You demonstrate a history of continuous improvement, personal development, and outstanding team contribution.
What do we offer
- Excellent salary and benefits package.
- Extensive training possibilities.
- Full time position (40h/week).
- Working in a dynamic and international company with a great organizational culture.
- A very professional working environment, where you are empowered to be your best.