Senior Back end software engineer at ING... Are you up for a challenge and ready for a change? As a senior back end software engineer you are responsible for creating software for our non-trivial toolset and platform to enable...
Senior Back end software engineer at ING Neo
Are you up for a challenge and ready for a change? As a senior back end software engineer you are responsible for creating software for our non-trivial toolset and platform to enable financial service providers to create solutions for their clients with better software, lower cost and shorter time to market. Domain Specific Languages (DSL’s) are used to model various business domains in financial services. You are a talented self-driven senior software engineer with 5 or more years of experience in (functional) programming. Knowledge and skills of the following tech-stack components are required: modern Java (JVM), (pragmatic) Scala, Akka, reactive frameworks, PostsgreSQL, SQL, Workflow Engines, Kafka, CI/CD and Site Reliability Engineering skills for cloud solutions. A strong background in database technologies such as SQL, database design, performance tuning and optimization is appreciated. Knowledge and hand-on expertise in model driven engineering techniques and/or DSL’s is a plus. Like the current team, you have a strong drive to bring this initiative to the next level. You have abstract thinking and good communication skills. You are a team player.
Your work environment
This team works on an initiative to change the way software is developed for financial institutions. You will be working in a small and motivated team with different kinds of functional and technical expertise to build our end to end solution. We cover the full cycle of the software development process: analysis, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, operations and maintenance.
You will join the team working in ING's Innovation Office, an international and highly dynamic environment. ING’s innovation methodology PACE, Agile and short cycles of build-measure-learn drives the iterative cycle of the accelerator.
As back end software developer you will build features for our toolchain and integrate them in our platform to run the software. Good communication within the team, with domain experts, front end developers, security engineers is required to create a reliable solution. You are expected to be flexible and self-started with take it on and make it happen mentality.
- Have 8+ years hands-on experience in back-end software development
- Experience is the development of mission critical software systems
- Experience in Scala, modern JVM, Java 8+, Akka, reactive frameworks
- Experience in Postgres, SQL, Workflow Engines, Kafka
- Experience in designing and building high performant systems
- Abstract thinking skills and academic level in computer science or other engineering studies
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment
- Exposure to containerization and microservices
- Exposure of Virtualization / Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Well versed in Git/Gitlab and CD/CI tools and pipelines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player and experience in working with teams in and across sites.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.