Champion functional excellence!
The Testing & Release Management Chapter supports all digital channel assets of VodafoneZiggo to ensure next level, robust and engaging digital experiences for our customers. This requires a focus on quality, stability and performance of all related code, applications and environments.
Testers are engaged from design to deployment, with release management closely aligned to reduce impact of any incidents or discrepancies.
As Chapter Lead, you are:
- Owning and leading, and driving the relevant experts/specialists of Automation Testing Engineers and Release managers sitting across the Squads;
- A functional expert, combining development, innovation and safeguarding of your field of expertise and who feeds the Chapter with a clear vision;
- Responsible for managing the performance and development of the Squad members belonging to the respective Chapter;
- A leader that takes on a crucial role into the development of the way of working. You are the expert whilst doing so, you are not afraid to set high quality standards;
- Hands on; spending 60% of your time in squads contributing directly to the success of the digital channel ambitions (channel share, self-service, web & app).
As the most senior professional of a Chapter, the Chapter Lead is tasked with developing the skills of all Chapter members and has line management responsibilities. With automation at the core, and process hygiene as a fundament you will lead a chapter of 5-7 testing engineers and 3-4 release managers; coaching them to reach their full potential. You are expected to help stimulate innovation within the teams and to ensure industry trends are being reflected within VodafoneZiggo.
Still excited? Please proceed reading to find out more about this role.
This is how you do it
More in-depth details on how to be successful as a Chapter Lead at VodafoneZiggo:
- You create an environment for continuous feedback/learning, coaching and mentoring within the Chapter and own the PD cycle for Chapter members;
- Working with Stakeholders on resource planning to keep expertise of the Chapter relevant;
- Mobilize resources dynamically, continuously monitors progress against feasibility and goals;
- Leading and developing the abilities and skills of the members of the Chapter to increase their productivity in the delivery of value for our customers;
- Uses broad and deep understanding and experience in complex nonstandard situations, overseeing all related topics and context of the skills and acts as thought leader;
- Actively searches for innovative tooling, methods and ways to unlock potential, efficiency-defining processes of interaction, transfer of knowledge and tool sharing amongst the members of the Chapter is one of the key responsibilities;
- Set an example to embrace, adopt and encourage agile mindset – with risk taking appetite with a fail/earn fast mentality.
You’ve got what it takes
Being a Chapter lead means taking on a brand-new role; that’s almost a challenge on itself. Adding up to this and the responsibilities already described: the Chapter lead is overall responsible for the Chapter budget and for all experts within the Chapter who are directly reporting hierarchically.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the area of expertise;
- 4+ years of management experience;
- A master's degree in computer science or equivalent;
- Experience in working with distributed engineering teams, applying modern testing methodologies, tools, and techniques;
- You have a proven track record of delivering test automation frameworks and solutions for microservice architectures in Agile and/or DevOps working environments;
- Your technical toolkit is up to date, and you can use it to tackle whatever problem comes your way. Whether it's containerized workloads with Docker in AWS, git, npm, service virtualization, API testing, UI testing, E2E testing, applying BDD practices, Visual Regression, you have the answer or are comfortable figuring it out;
- Besides functional testing, you have some experience with non-functional testing of performance, reliability, availability, and security for distributed systems;
- Continuous learner who stays up to date with the latest trends in testing & quality;
- Vendor management;
- Schedule solution release to avoid conflicts across squads and releases;
- Manage infrastructure configuration in close alignment with operations;
- Experience with ITIL;
- Incident Management, crisis communication a plus.
Our ideal candidate:
Agile: Understands Agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Lean, Scrum, Design Thinking) and can apply Agile ways of working.
Facilitation: Can apply a range of techniques to support & facilitate guidance and management of a group of events to ensure that objectives are met effectively, with clear thinking, good participation and full buy-in from everyone involved.
Coaching & Mentoring: Creates a professional relationship in order to develop others by using coaching, mentoring, feedback and stretch assignments supporting VodafoneZiggo’s learning culture.
Change & Adaptability: Evaluates, leads and adapts to change and shifting demands in different situations.
Experimental personality: Actively searching for experimentation and insights from testing to inform actions based on data. Own analysis and interpretation necessary to be able to make independent decisions about the organization of the work process.
Decision Making: Evaluates options and outcomes - makes informed data driven decisions.
Resilience: Maintains a positive attitude using a continuous learning approach to learn.
Complexity Management: Able to quickly and efficiently identify opportunities, tackle big challenges, understands root causes, make informed decisions to deliver business impact.
Communication: Able to communicate technical concepts and/or technical vision and strategies to people who are not expert in the field with use of storytelling and visualization.
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €4445 and €6350 per month (TW13) plus €800 per month mobility allowance, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme;
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too;
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off;
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls;
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products;
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income;
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately (you will also get €800 a month in mobility allowance);
- If you want, you can work for us part-time;
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best;
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store;
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly;
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan;
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more.
You do it
Are you in? Click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call Marcha Crompvoets (recruiter) at: 06-1184 6656 or send a message;
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op