Maximise the value of our products resulting from the work of the Squad team.
How? By delivering the product vision and defining the epics and user stories to work on. As a Product Owner you prioritise the product backlog of the Squad team/Squad, and are in the lead of accepting (quality) deliverables at the end of each sprint. You represent the business stakeholders and act as the voice of the customer to guide the individual Squad team towards accomplishing a particular business purpose.
In order to achieve the best results, you provide focus to the Squad team on delivering business value in regular increments. This also means contributing to the Squads with relevant product knowledge in the development of tasks. By engaging stakeholders and senior leaders regularly on all aspects of the product, you are able to prioritise initiatives, achieve business objectives and continuously groom the backlog to keep it up to date. Besides stakeholders and senior leaders, you also coordinate with the Tribe Leads and other Product Owners to define the product vision. When the product is about to be released, you approve the final release plan and accept all deliverables against defined user stories and acceptance criteria.
Still excited? Please proceed reading to find out more about this role.
This is how you do it
How to be successful in this role? First of all, you should be able to identify user needs and work with a team consisting out of cross functional expertise. You are the only person owning and prioritising the backlog and are fully in charge to guide, inspire and facilitate the Squad team to deliver at their best.
Let’s move on to more in-depth details:
- Develop the scope of the MVP, taking into account the constraints and the life cycle of the client;
- Are responsible for defining and tracking Objective Key Results (OKRs) and KPIs as part of the quarterly business reviews (QBR) process;
- Use data, develop and define user stories/items and acceptance criteria from the feature and capability roadmap;
- Participate in the sprint planning to reaffirm priorities and clarify requirements;
- Define the skills and capabilities required for the proper operation of new Squad teams together with the Tribe/Cluster Lead and Chapter Lead(s).
You’ve got what it takes
Being a Product Owner at VodafoneZiggo requires to be focused on both stakeholders/end users and Squad teams. You play a crucial role in the team success by guiding, encouraging and challenging the members but also taking responsibility, steering and prioritizing which also means making well backed up decisions when necessary.
But above all, besides all the hard work, you like to have fun together with your team!
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Bachelor/Master degree;
- (SAFe) Product Owner certified;
- 3- 5 year(s) experience working in a Product Owner role in a commercial and/or Tech environment;
- Experience with relevant platforms and technologies; you have experience as Product Owner or other technical role with one or more of the following tools and platforms:
- AWS/AWS Lambda
- Minimum 8 years overall work experience.
Our ideal candidate:
Agile & devops mastery - Understands methodologies for general way of working and related frameworks and utilizes these. Applies the Ways of Working mind-set and principles.
Business Acumen & Insights - Has clear understanding of industry, economic, financial & market trends and customer dynamics. Also demonstrates business foresight and entrepreneurship to contribute to the wider digital business strategy.
- Very well versed in Agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Lean, Scrum, Design Thinking) and can apply Agile ways of working.
- Can understand and interpret the impact of external factors on the function of our organization.
- Can encourage, identify and support propositions and solutions in simiplistic and effective manner.
Design thinking - Understands and implements practical and creative UX changes with the customer in mind. Actively seeking innovations and methods to keep digital users engaged and delighted.
UX - Optimises the quality of the interactions between the user and the (digital) product, based on business requirements, user insight, analytics and user experience principles. Delivers and manages interaction designs, task flow, behaviour and navigation design. Comfortably Ideates and creates concepts, wireframes, prototype ideas and user flows and uses metrics & KPIs along side UX experts.
Business Partnering - Demonstrates robust understanding of business needs, identifies and prioritizes stakeholders, builds sustainable relationships to drive increased business performance and best value outcomes; Able to analyse of complex abstract matter within the broad organizational context, and advising management on opportunities for improvement within their own field of expertise.
Demand Management - Able to analyze and perform proactive management of business demand for new services or modifications to existing service features or volumes.
Experimental personality – Actively searching for experimentation and insights from testing to inform actions based on data. Own analysis and interpretation necessary to be able to make independent decisions with regard to the organization of the work process.
Decision Making - Evaluates options and outcomes and makes informed data driven decisions.
Resilience - Maintains a positive attitude using a continuous learning approach to learn from mistakes.
Complexity Management - Able to quickly and efficiently identify opportunities, tackle big challenges, understands root causes and make informed decisions in order to deliver business impact.
Communication - Able to communicates technical concepts and/ or technical vision and strategies to people who are not expert in the field with use of storytelling and visualization; Strong and diplomatic communication skills to convince and influence others, communication also externally oriented.
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €3767 and €5381 per month (TW12) , with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme;
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too;
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off;
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls;
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products;
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income;
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately (you will also get €800 a month in mobility allowance);
- If you want, you can work for us part-time;
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best;
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store;
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly;
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan;
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more.
You do it
Are you in? Click on the application button and reply.
Any questions? Just call Marcha Crompvoets (recruiter) at: 06-1184 6656 or send a message;
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.