Platform Architect Analytics
ING is looking for a Platform Architect Data Analytics in our Banking Technology Platform tribe with knowledge of Data Architecture, (Cloud) Infrastructure, Analytics, Data modelling, Open-Source technology and tooling. Preferably through experience in a large and internationally oriented company.
Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. Allowing our consumers to ‘Do your thing’. To fulfil this purpose data was, is and will increasingly be important for an financial institute like ING. Serving our customers in the most convenient way and being able manage our financial and non-financial risks.
We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance and QA measures, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on!
The Banking Technology Platform (BTP) provides a global analytics platform for all the data scientists within ING with whom you will work closely. We facilitate the access to data in a secure and compliant way, making the job of our data scientist easier. On top of that we belief that data and analytics should be brought to the hands of all decision makers and customer propositions creators, given our conviction it’s data and analytics that will make the difference towards our customers and stakeholders. Developing solutions as part of the platform enabling this will be part of your future responsibility.
As a Platform Architect:
- Define future state of the Bank in relation to Data and Analytics Platform and drive the analytics architecture in our Banking Technology Platform tribe, including integration points with other infrastructure and engineering tribe.
- Have extensive knowledge and intrinsic curiosity in the underlying technologies, frameworks and platforms of Data Analytics and make a translation towards implementation proposals.
- Are expected to continuously make trade-offs between target state and existing solutions, being reflected in roadmaps you create. You’re seen as the expert and trusted advisor for the Analytics Domain, overseeing the existing and total future state of the bank including the risk, security and non-function requirements.
- Ensure that the architecture is implemented according to plan, minimizing technical/tactical debt. Escalates to management if required.
- Reduce complexity and steers towards preventing or reducing technical debt. Improves the quality and consistency and reduces time-to-market for the platform. Shortens the cycle time from idea to service with impact to consumer.
- Define realistic and ambitious implementation Roadmaps and break down desired (business and IT) themes into epics and features across multiple platforms. In close collaboration with Tribe Leads, Product Owners, IT leads and Squads of the platform.
- Actively guard security and data integrity in the design, implementation and operation of platforms using standards industry frameworks. You are mandated to define global standards in collaboration with other Architects, Engineers, IT Leads, etc.
- Provide guidance to Engineers, Product Owners, chapter leads and Squads of (consumers of) the platform by describing design patterns in Cookbooks together with the engineering leads. Describe how these best practices can be implemented in practice.
- Can work independently, relying on the network of colleagues that you create around you, while contributing to the overall objectives.
- Have a Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Have 3+ years’ experience with data architectures with demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of architecture and Data Analytics.
- Have communication skills, on the level of the CIO’s of the business lines and the CIO’s of the countries and the ability to position Data Analytics as a global platform.
- Will be stationed in Amsterdam, and are willing to travel
Your preferred capabilities are:
- Support Business Users – use cases such as exploration and ad Hoc analysis on Bigdata. (ad Hoc regulatory questions)
- Capabilities associated with non-data science users (Data Visualization, SQL interface…).
- Awareness of requirements such as Data security and risk assessment for data exports and how to mitigate such risks.
- Affinity with Data Architecture
- Data security (Coarse grained and fine-grained access control, RBAC, firewalls, IAM)
- Data protection and data policies, how to implement integration with DM platform.
- Data Management deliverables and integration (Metadata Management – Egeria integration)
- Data exchange patterns and their relevance in various use cases (APIs, Files and Events).
- Data pipelines and associated technologies to implement them.
- Patterns to handle Data Growth and BIG Data use cases.
- Data Discovery, Data Preparation, Data profiling.
- Affinity with Infrastructure architecture (VMs, containers, distributed computing)
- In depth knowledge of VMs, Containers and bare-metal machines.
- Separating compute from storage and the benefits it brings.
- Advantages of distributed computing & serverless solutions.
- In depth knowledge of Network architecture (network is expensive resource)
- Matching infrastructure to the technology for serving an Analytics Use case.
- Affinity with Cloud architecture
- Managed services and when to go for them?
- How to choose the best between IaaS, PaaS and SaaS for analytics use cases?
- Limitations regarding tech flexibility, Legal constraints, and Costs/charging model.
- How to setup the perfect hybrid & multi cloud setup for analytics use cases?
- Integration with on-prem services without losing the value-add of the cloud.
- Data Science / ML Models
- Awareness on Data Scientist journey – from exploration-> development-> training-> testing->deployment->execution->feedback – and capabilities associated with different lifecycle moments.
- Machine learning models, their lifecycle and capabilities associated with each lifecycle step.
- Model Management – the purpose, implementation, and integration.
- Regulatory requirements around models and related data.
- Specific capabilities for Data Science users like SQL interface, Data Visualization
- Model Execution requirements and measures to implement solutions catering to those requirements like high availability of model, scheduling, champion-challenger model, parallel execution yet faster commit, wiser use of persistent storage VS in memory cache.
- Good understanding of Clear demarcation between Infra VS Platform VS Application responsibilities. Interpretation and solid understanding of various operating models and support structure.
- Knowledge of Open-Source technology and tooling.
- Since our Data Analytics Platform is primarily based on opensource technology, it would help to understand the current way of working.
- Keeping yourself up to date with all technology advancement helps explore opportunities decoupled from the managed offerings on the public cloud.
The Banking Technology Platform (BTP) architecture team is functionally part of ING’s Enterprise Architecture department with architects working closely together worldwide. The group of architects of about 12 people withing BTP has the mission to develop and execute the architecture and advice on the strategy of the BTP tribe to position adequate IT capabilities for changing business needs and moving towards a globally scalable and data driven banking platform. We work in a fun and creative environment, and we’re dedicated to bringing out the best in both each other and our products.
What do we offer?
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development of our employees is very important and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. In addition, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Working with highly skilled people
- Working in an area which is of immense importance to the strategy of ING
- A relaxed and fun team
- An international atmosphere
- A full-time position (36-40 hour week)
- Great training and education opportunities