At a... In this role you are responsible for the global data architecture of ABN AMRO Clearing Bank. Insight in our processes and data used is very valuable, to be able to execute our data driven strategy and to...
In this role you are responsible for the global data architecture of ABN AMRO Clearing Bank. Insight in our processes and data used is very valuable, to be able to execute our data driven strategy and to support our processes by effective and efficient IT solutions. Are you fit to further shape our globally spanning and challengingly complex data landscape? What do you see when you envision the next step? Work on achieving your goals and develop yourself professionally and personally. Tell us your story. We want to hear it!
You follow relevant developments around data capabilities and solutions as well as those in the financial industry related to clearing. You ensure a well-integrated global enterprise architecture around data. You will assist in further professionalising our data framework. It is your job to further detail, oversee and manage the complete landscape from a data architecture point of view and integrate it with other architecture layer. But also to inspire, involve and activate the organization with each and every change. You investigate, tune and verify standards and strategic views with all internal and external global stakeholders (e.g. data owners, product owners, project managers, business managers, IT managers, external authorities). You support decision making by creating, providing and communicating clear deliverables. At the end of the day it is your leadership and vision that will enhance reliability, flexibility and cost efficiency of our organization. You will ensure that data initiatives within the organisation adhere to our corporate Data Principles.
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
ABN AMRO Clearing Bank (AACB) is a distinct mono-line company within ABN AMRO, and holds its own banking license (ABN AMRO Clearing NV). The company consists of around 800 FTEs globally, and is self-sufficient, with its own supporting organization. Clearing is the cornerstone of global financial markets. As a Clearing Bank we offer our clients the ability to trade on 90+ financial markets, giving us a top 3 position globally. In this position, we secure and govern a safe, transparent and sustainable market. Our clients include professional traders, investment managers and corporates with whom we have longstanding personal relationships. We understand them and strive to deliver the same high-quality service across the globe. All with the aim to reduce risk and make financial markets more efficient and reliable. Considering information technology as a main part of clearing services, the IT systems and processes have to meet AACB strategy demands and internal regulations.
You will be part of a small, but highly professional and international team. The team is located in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. They are passionate about IT and passionate about our Clearing business.
Highly developed conceptual, strategic and analytical skills. Is able to balance conceptual thinking and pragmatic solutions. Has the ability to understand, inspire and activate others. Helicopter view, leadership and communication is what will drive your success. Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility. Creative mindset and capable of assessing and evaluating risks.
Do you think you are a fit? Check your profile:
• Master degree, preferably IT-related;
• 8+ years of work experience in the data domain, within a comparably complex environment (high stakes, in- & external stakeholders, complex IT environment, different time zones and different cultures) of which 3+ years of experience in a lead role;
• Knowledge of trading, clearing and settlement is considered a plus;
• Knowledge and experience in a micro-service environment is considered a plus;
• Experience in dealing with cross regional stakeholders;
• Fluent in speaking and writing business English (leading language);
• 5+ years of experience in data modeling, data design and data architecture.
• Track record as an architectural leader designing robust advanced data architectures and enterprise data models.
• Experience with data science, analytics, business intelligence and similar technologies.
• Experience with Cloud Data Platform Architecture for reporting & analytics (AWS is a plus)
• Knowledge of data standards as DAMA/DM-BOK 2.0.
• Knowledge of Reference and Master Data Management.
• Knowledge of Data Quality Management and DQ Issue Management.
• Knowledge of Metadata management.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture.
• Knowledge of data management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of the different aspects of Data and IT architecture (applications functions, software development; application platforms, data structures and interaction patterns, data storage & retention strategies, data security aspects).
• Knowledge of trends and new applications in the data and information technology area.
• Knowledge and experience in architecture implementations and related methods and tools, such as TOGAF and Archimate.
• Knowledge of solutions and tools in the data domain is considered a plus.
A more than challenging job at the top of your profession. You’ll get to know the whole of ABN AMRO Clearing. And because you’ll be in one team with the very best from your field, you’ll learn a lot from each other, too. Your responsibilities and opportunities are big. In addition, you’ll get plenty of room to keep your skills and knowledge up to par – both internally and externally. Step by step, you’ll work towards a future proof architecture. And until then, you’ll make the most of the technology we have to work with. Because of our size, you will be close to the execution as well, no ivory towers here. A global and challenging environment you’ll not find elsewhere. But if you can do this, you can do anything.
At ABN AMRO, we use our knowledge, expertise and network to help our clients within and outside the Netherlands achieve their goals based on responsible decisions. Our clients’ interests always come first. We want clients to understand our products, and we sometimes say ‘no’ if a product involves a risk that is too high for the client. Putting clients’ interests first also means communicating in plain language and crafting smart solutions that genuinely make a difference. That is our goal.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.