Your role & work... You are an energetic Chapter Lead that combines knowledge on data lakes, data marts and reporting technology (Cognos) with people management skills. First of all, we are looking for an experienced...
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Chapter Lead that combines knowledge on data lakes, data marts and reporting technology (Cognos) with people management skills.
First of all, we are looking for an experienced Engineer (at least level “competent” in the Dreyfus model) that will work for approximately half of his/ her time in a squad. Next to that, you will spend time on building up expertise in your chapter and developing/coaching your chapter members. Your chapter consists of approximately 10 people.
You will be working in the Tribe KYC in the Amsterdam Offices of ING but are ready to travel occasionally if needed.
Your key responsibilities
Manage and achieve IT maturity and the squad's mission
• Spends approximately half of the time working as an Engineer in his/ her squad.
• Has an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and keeps abreast of developments:
• Stays one step ahead in the domain of data and reporting and applies learnings in its specific context,
• Defines and ensures application of standards in his/her own area of IT expertise.
• Organizes regular meetings to share relevant insights/developments in his/her own IT expertise with members of his/her own and possibly also other chapters.
People and Chapter management
• Encourages chapter members to develop themselves and facilitates this (e.g. providing training opportunities).
• Provides coaching both in terms of professional and of personal development. Constantly ensures development of individual members' expertise.
• Is responsible for the personal development and evaluation of the chapter members, based on input from the Product Owner, the Agile Coach and individual squad members.
• Identifies top performance and takes action at an early stage for underperformance.
• Supports talent acquisition and retention management activities (e.g. interview applicants)
• Discusses resource planning for squads and chapter with the IT Area Lead and Product Owner.
• Is a key member of the Product Owner, Chapter Lead and Agile Coach (POCLAC) sessions, where ways to optimize performance and improvement of capabilities of the squad are discussed
Creating and safeguarding the 'new' culture
• Has an active role in embedding the Agile way of working within a Spotify Model.
• Functions as an ambassador for cultural change and advocates the 'organization doing' principles rather than ‘organizational talking’ ones.
• Puts in place a culture of self-development and high performing teams.
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
Skills and competences
The IT Chapter Lead Analytics
• Is inspiring and exude energy and passion.
• Has a keen IT market focus
• Is focused on collaboration
• Actively seeks help and feedback, but is not afraid to give feedback either.
• Is curious and always looks out for innovation opportunities in his/her focus area.
Experience and specialised knowledge
• Is able to proactively detect report needs, to build the reports and to provide hands-on advice based on the outcome of the report.
• Has several years of experience in the area of big data, data lakes, data marts…
• Has already worked several years with Cognos as a reporting tool. Other reporting tools are considered to be an asset.
• Experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage is a pre.
• Knows the importance of data quality and can provide concrete input for improvement
Education and Professional certifications
• The IT Chapter Lead is at least a competent Engineer and has the education and professional certifications required for this function.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.