This is what you do
As a Technical Lead in the DCT Development Chapter, you’ll be working as a hands-on technical lead for one of our stacks. You will be responsible for driving the technical direction, way of working and technical solutioning while also working roughly half of your time in one of our squads to make sure you keep your hands dirty (and your ideas aligned) with your fellow chapter members.
This role is a lead-by-example affair. You are expected to:
- Build consensus and make decisions together with the developers in your responsible stack;
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions to both technical and non-technical challenges;
- Significantly contribute in your squad to the delivery of the many great features that we deliver on a daily and weekly basis.
This is how you do it
- You know where the market is going and what tools and technologies we need to use to stay in control of the competition.
- You have a solid understanding of the development life cycle and know how to improve delivery quality.
- You are a facilitator first and a decision maker second, achieving results is your focus.
- DevOps is second nature to you: You believe autonomous teams are the way forward and know how to drive the change to realize them.
- You can easily find your way between technology and business, and between the interests of our customers and the organization.
- Program increments, MVP, scaled agile: you know the drill...
The Digital Channels Tribe (DCT) in Utrecht manages, designs and develops digital services, such as our websites, chatbot and the My Ziggo and My Vodafone App. In a very dynamic market where technology and customer needs are changing constantly, we only want the best for our customers.
Your future colleagues will therefore move effortlessly with the constantly changing circumstances. The Chapter Development currently consists of around 45 developers who are spread over 11 squads working autonomously on parts of the VodafoneZiggo digital customer journeys.
VodafoneZiggo is a powerful combination of two leading Dutch organizations. We joined forces in January 2017 and together we further increased our success in the Netherlands. As a communications provider, we offer our customers the best in entertainment, mobile and fixed-line phone service and internet. Our products and services inspire people, businesses and society to connect. Whether on the road, at home or at work.
We are over 8,000 employees strong, brimming with energy and socially engaged. Proud of what we accomplish and of the people that make it possible. And conscientious to provide space for everybody to develop and take advantage of opportunities.
Good to have
The skills to write rock-solid code and a DevOps mindset. You don't keep these skills and mindsets to yourself but like to share them with others. You're a real team player who understands that you can only move forward together. You also have power of persuasion and communicate easily. Even if you have to explain for the third time why your solution really is the best.
Besides that, you have:
- At least 8 years of experience as a Frontend Engineer working in complex environments;
- Experience mentoring or coaching colleagues and/or demonstrable tech lead experience;
- Higher education thinking and working level (hbo+);
- You are able receive and give feedback; excellent communication skills are a must;
- Experience with multiple client side frameworks (vue.js/react.js/angular.js/..);
- Experience in a 'continuous integration' and 'continuous delivery' environment;
- Experience with AWS/Node.js and/or Docker would be an advantage.
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary per month, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme;
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too;
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off;
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls;
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products;
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income;
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately;
- If you want, you can work for us part-time;
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best;
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store;
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly;
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan;
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more.
You do it
Are you in? Then click on the application button now and respond!
If you have any questions, Just send a message;
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process.
This vacancy represents our open search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
This is therefore not a call for acquisition.