This position is created for someone who will be developing a wholesale banking’s multi-country mobile application that offers the best digital experience to ING’s biggest clients.
Think forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are one of the most innovative banks with a strong established brand that operates worldwide with a clear omnichannel distribution strategy and international network.
InsideBusiness App is ING's mobile banking app for wholesale banking around the globe. It is accessible anytime and anywhere via mobile app and tablet and allows wholesale customers such as multinational corporations or governments to access a range of products and services.
ING has adopted the Spotify model to scale agile development where each squad (product team) is autonomous. But how do developers grow as software engineers and align on best practices across different squads? Chapters are the family that each developer has, helping to keep engineering standards in place across a particular discipline.
We work in a fun and creative environment where we enable everyone to perform at its best. Trust is essential: we respect each other’s opinion and we are not afraid to speak out loud whenever it is required.
What you'll do
o As an energetic Chapter Lead with expertise in people management, you are an engineer and this will be your role in the squad for 60% of your time. With your fellow squad members, you develop and deliver features to production.
o You will work together with a team of 5 young talented engineers based in Amsterdam, which takes end to end ownership and responsibility and contributes in an agile way to the full lifecycle of an application, from requirements phase and implementation to running it in production.
· The remaining 40% you spend on building up expertise in your chapter and developing your chapter members. You are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others, and about coaching members of your Chapter and overseeing their personal development.
o You help your chapter develop through coaching, mentoring and constant feedback
o Together with your IT Area Lead, you set targets for each team member
o You are responsible for HR-related activities: For instance 1 to 1 meetings with your team members, performance management.
o You work with the recruitment team to attract, onboard and retain top talent.
o Stakeholder management: work with stakeholders from different squads to understand and be able to help the team set-up their individual KPI’s and determine the way of working for the chapter;
How to succeed
· BSc or MSc in Computer Science or an equivalent field
· 5+ years mobile development experience: Android (Java/Kotlin) or iOS (Swift)
· Good knowledge of cloud concepts. bonus point if in Azure.
· Good understanding of DevOps practices including CI/CD and test automation
· Coming up with solutions rather than just identifying problems
· Fluent in written and spoken English
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Contact Sergio Koosman from our Tech recruitment team via +31613845451 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.