SAS Ops Engineer
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Job type: Full time
We are looking for a SAS expert to work in our DWH team as a SAS Platform engineer. At ING we are building a next generation digital bank with technology at its core. In this quest we are looking for top notch software engineers who share the same passion and drive.
ING is transforming rapidly towards a top-notch IT company with a Top Engineering culture, incorporating FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are end-to-end agile, work in multidisciplinary teams and use latest technology.
Roles and responsibilities
- Deploying and running a Production system, and provide day to day Level 2 support for your Application and underlying infrastructure.
- Automation of deployments through CI/CD.
- Understanding any expected changes in behaviour after a specific Release, and taking appropriate action if actual behaviour is not in line with what was expected.
- Specifying, testing and executing deployment and roll-back scripts.
- Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling to enable 24x7 monitoring using appropriate Event Alerts.
- Understanding the detailed technical behaviour of your system under normal and peak loads.
- Specifying, creating, and executing the Performance and Operational Acceptance Tests including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests, with the support of the Dev Engineer.
- Understanding the behaviour of your Application in failure scenarios, and driving improvements in line with ING’s Reliability objectives.
- Understanding and monitoring the entire technology stack your Application is running on.
- Ensuring your team and your Application fully support ING’s implementation of the Service Transition and Service Operations ITIL processes including IT Risk management.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
Who are you?
- You are a driven IT specialist with excellent analytical skills.
- You are ambitious with what you and your team want to achieve.
- You have very good social and communication skills.
- You feel a personal responsibility for the quality of your application and its reliability, and you work together with your colleagues across your domain, including colleagues from the infrastructural department.
- You recognise problems and work to solve them by yourself and with other ING colleagues.
- You have a have a 'no nonsense' getting-things-done mentality and a 24x7 mind-set.
What skills are we looking for?
- Your key competencies: excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn.
- You love to deep dive technology, searching for root causes of issues and incidents and to resolve them.
- Hands-on experience with:
- SAS 9.4/SAS VA (SAS Viya) Administration
- SAS installation, configuration & migration.
- SAS ETL (SAS DI studio)
- SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Management Console
- SAS Visual Analytics(SAS Viya)
- SAS programming
- LINUX (RHEL).
- Optional knowledge of Windows Server technology and Citrix.
- Knowledge and experience (minimum 5 years) with Operations activities (ITIL).
- Experience (3- 5 years) with integrating commercial off-the-shelf applications within complex domains.
- Experience with scripting languages and automation of manual activities (testing, deployment)
- Experience with monitoring end/or debugging and/or performance tuning of applications.
- Good knowledge of implementation of security measures (knowledge of ING IT Minimum standards and controls (OCD))
- Optional: Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL) and data warehousing with the ability to apply it in the context of IT operations .
- Knowledge of SAS architecture is a preference
- Flexible with respect to working pattern/ hours.
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information about this role. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.