Experienced DevOps Engineer in Order Manager - Platform (OMaaP)... Cloud services are a standard in the modern IT infrastructure. ING is in full swing migrating traditional applications to its own Container hosting cloud platform...
Cloud services are a standard in the modern IT infrastructure. ING is in full swing migrating traditional applications to its own Container hosting cloud platform and also preparing for the cloud-native journey towards Public Cloud. As passionate IT engineers, we are continuously researching improvements and new technologies that could benefit our cloud journeys. This is where you come in to play!
Do you want to use market standard technologies at your workplace? Do you want to be the best of the best, but learn from the best at the same time? Are you the one?
At this moment we are building the Global Payments Order Manager Platform called OMaaP (Order Manager As A Platform) which will use to process Instant Payments and Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Credit Transfer payments for all European ING entities and more. This includes new connectivity to many account management systems and clearinghouses via Payment Engine. Think of real-time and batch processing of high volume asynchronous, stateless communication, resilience patterns, idempotent application design, and much more. The OMaaP platform will process millions of transactions per day.
Your work environment
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of Payment. We operate according to a Scrum development process with two-week sprints and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. We strive to have the high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone reviews with stakeholders following the ING’s agile way of working to reduce surprises in what we build.
The Order Manager As A Platform consist of the capabilities :
- Building internal and external OMaaP APIs;
- Creating orders for execution and routing them to the payment engine;
- Warehousing orders until they are executed;
- Tracking the status during the entire life-cycle of an order;
- Reporting the status of an order through direct and assisted channels.
The future of the OMaaP is really interesting and contains many challenges and opportunities. For example, processing instant payments and exposing APIs to the outside world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Senior Java Expert engineer. You should be Team players that are passionate, proud, and focussed on quality and continuous improvement. You should be able to design, develop, test, deliver, and maintain high-quality software solutions.
As a Java Expert you realize online and backend applications:
- You will develop (complex) new functionality and coordinate its implementation in the production environment;
- Automation is part our and your DNA: anything that can be automated is automated, from the start (deployment, functional testing, technical testing, etc);
- You will be responsible for both the functional and technical support of the application.
The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business so that in the end there are no surprises about what we build.
Desired skills & experience
- A University degree in Computer Science;
- Minimum 8-10 years of Java software engineering experience (design, develop, and maintain) with a technical architecture mindset ;
- Experience in Java 11, JAX RS, Jersey, Spring Boot, Kotlin, other Spring frameworks such as Spring Batch, JPA;
- Very good understanding of cloud-based platform Openshift / Kubernetes
- Solid knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery using tools such as AzureDevOps or similar, Git, Maven
- Strong knowledge about HTTP, REST API’s, mTLS, and JSON is crucial;
- Experienced in No SQL - Cassandra
- Good knowledge of Elastic, and Kafka
- Experience to write the Unit Test, Integration tests using Junit, and Karate Framework
- More passionate about Open Source technologies
- Good knowledge of Linux and Docker
- Preferred additional knowledge on Payments domain;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical skills, proactive attitude and always sharing knowledge;
- Is passionate about new technologies.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on the contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th-month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.