Feature Engineer – Pricing and Billing
Your role and work environment
You will be part of Tribe Cash and Liquidity Management in Wholesale Banking Tech with the purpose to strengthen our Global Pricing and Billing domain.
This domain plays a key role in providing a seamless experience to our customers with regards to pricing and invoicing solutions while driving accurate fee management processes for the Bank.
We are now in the middle of rolling out Global Billing engine to all the WB countries in Europe which requires strong alignment with the Branches in these countries to manage roadmap delivery including local regulatory aspects.
Your holistic view as well as your knowledge of both Business and IT states are crucial in the translation of business epics into features, in a sequence that delivers customer value as early as possible (strong Minimum Viable Product mindset). You support the breakdown of features into user stories to ensure that business epics are translated into working IT solutions. You define and align the roadmaps between squads – from same or different Tribes – and other parts of the organization and thoroughly manage dependencies.
Your success is not based on your hierarchical position, but based on your strong communication and collaboration skills, your results delivered, your extensive knowledge of current and future state and your added value for ING and for the teams you work with.
Your key responsibilities
Translate business requirements into features and stories by using IT & Business knowledge
- You are able to translate new product / services needs into required IT solutions and are able to grasp business opportunities from new technology solutions. You think and act globally.
- Together with relevant stakeholders (Architects, Epic Owners, (Central) Product Owners), you breakdown epics into features with a strong MVP (Minimum Viable Product) mindset. You assign the features (and underlying user stories) to the relevant squads and lead the accurate feature definition and estimation. You clarify the definition of done together with the product owner(s).
- You highlight correlation and dependencies between squads within a tribe or across tribes, but also other parts of the organization (Center of Expertise or so).
Ensure features delivery (Planning, coordination, dependencies management)
Skills and competences
- You are and feel responsible for the end-to-end integration and realization of the work (across squads and/or Tribes). You owns the planning, oversee sprints, align / coordinate the work across the whole chain and inspires individuals and teams creating lasting synergy.
- You identify (and manage) risks and potential issues and offer improvements across tribes.
- You identify and manage dependencies for features and epics across different tribes.
- You are able to positively influence Business and IT strategies locally or at Group level.
Experience and specialized knowledge
- Passion for IT.
- Strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development.
- Market focus and Outside-in thinker.
- Problem solving skills to find creative ways of driving progress and removing impediments.
- Extremely results-oriented, always striving for maximal consumer value as early as possible.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Eager to learn and ability to coach others.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills (telling – selling) across skill and seniority levels.
- Strong co-creation skills like workshop facilitation, constructive feedback loops, and prototyping.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to challenge, influence or convince others through fact-based arguments.
- Self-disciplined, proactive and organized, with ability to identify what needs to be done.
- Track record of working in high performing Agile teams and good understanding of Agile/DevOps practices and methodologies /Scrum, Scaling, Continuous Delivery, automated testing.
- Proven track record in IT environment (design & implementation), Architecture, Infrastructure, software (knowledge of the working); affinity with IT concepts (Continuous Delivery, ATDD, engineering skills and technologies).
- Track record in reducing complexity and of delivering complex IT initiatives across multiple teams.
- Demonstrates mastery in writing skills – understandable and easy to read features.