Who we are
ING is dedicated to create a differentiating customer experience beyond traditional banking. In line with ING’s innovation approach, we launch new services and business models via both own initiatives and by working together with and investing in startups and scaling technology companies.
What you’ll be working on
Your primary goal is to practice service design in initiatives during the product discovery, design and MVP phases, so the initiatives can successfully navigate through fuzziness and shape a product concept and unique proposition that puts customer at the centre place.
To make that happen, you will be supporting one or more initiative leads from the beginning. You will work jointly with global design team and Innovation drivers to align strategy and share learning, and deliver design impact to ING’s customers.
What we will provide you is a space to be creative and opportunities to deepen your practice of the design craft. You will work closely with top entrepreneurs in an international environment where you fail and learn fast.
- You practice service design in 1-2 initiatives with various initiative leads.
- You ensure strategy alignment and team work with global design team and ING Labs.
- You will mentor junior designers and partner with UX designers.
- You will guide people in exploratory user research and synthesis.
- You explore and validate the customer segment and the potential problems.
- You develop value propositions and facilitate concept ideation activities.
- You develop and structure experiments for validation.
- You can develop low fidelity digital prototypes to execute pilots or user tests.
- You facilitate training and stakeholder engagement workshops.
We are looking for seasoned designer with drive and entrepreneurial spirit.
We expect you to have following skills:
- You are curious, human-centric and evidence based.
- You have at least 7 years of experience as a service designer or UX designer.
- You are highly skilled in exploratory research and user research methodologies.
- You have strong digital product design (UX/UI) understanding.
- You have experience in building B2B product and propositions.
- You are hands-on in validating the problem you are solving through experiments and are creative in getting the proof you need.
- You master customer journey mapping and service blueprint.
- You are familiar with design tools such as Adobe suite, Sketch, Invision, Figma, and digital collaboration tools like Miro, etc.
- You are comfortable with running workshops, interviews and stakeholder engagement session.
- You have experience in top tier design agencies or consultancies is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills both written and oral (English).
- It’s a plus if you are familiar working in a large corporate or corporate start-up.
- Only accepting candidates located in the Netherlands
What we offer you
- An initial 3-6 months assignment based on 36h or 40h /week.
- To build an initiative within the ING organization, potentially spinning into an existing business of ING.
- Support from dedicated professionals like PACE coaches, service designers, UX/UI and Growth support teams
- Access to key skills and knowledge about products, methods and regulations.
- Fast paced, diverse & exciting work on growing emerging technologies.
- An open, informal, fun working environment and with own office space for the initiative.
- Possibility to work remotely during COVID19 until further notice from ING.
- Fantastic colleagues in highly collaborative, cross-functional and multicultural agile teams.
- Working in an equal, inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Trainings and workshops.
Amsterdam (with some travel required)