ING is looking for an IT DevOps Engineer with excellent knowledge on Oracle. Have you been working as a DBA for more than 5 years we are looking for you
Do you want to be in charge of the correct operation of systems impacting tens of thousands of our commercial banking customers, were investing in the automation of provisioning and monitoring never stops? Do you want to be part of a team of top-notch Ops engineers that can take on the challenges of running one of the most important internet-facing applications of one of the largest European Banks? Then please read on.
As a Ops Engineer, you look after the availability, reliability of our main commercial banking systems. Order Manager covers the whole range of ING’s Wholesale Banking products and offers the whole spectrum of Commercial Banking products for payments to financial markets and lending services just to name a few.
- Ability to analyze DB and application performance and make necessary performance tuning suggestions
- Monitoring and supporting all environments of the Order Manager through automation and testing.
- Evolve our approach for monitoring and alerting towards preventive monitoring
- Ensure privacy and security are respected
- React to incidents and perform standby activities with the rest of the team
- Provide suggestions and tools to help development decrease lead time
Your work environment
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of Order Manager, Payments tribe.
We operate according to the Agile way of working and the ING Orange culture, which is represented by the Orange Code.
The Orange Code is the sum of two parts:
ING Values - the non-negotiable promises we make to the world. The principles we stick to - no matter what.
- We are honest
- We are prudent
- We are responsible
ING Behaviors - our way of being that makes us different from the rest. The commitments we make to each other and the standards by which we will measure each other’s performance.
- You take it on and make it happen
- You help others to be successful
- You are always a step ahead
We are looking for you if:
- You work or used to work as a database administrator (Oracle),
- You have experience with IT Risk and Security,
- You know Python or another scripting / programming language (Bash / Ansible / Java etc),
- You know Azure DevOps,
- You easily adapt to the new work environment,
- You communicate well,
- You have the ability to identify problems, analyze key information and combine facts to find appropriate solutions.
Additionally, you will score for:
- Experience in deployment, patching and managing of the infrastructure for big applications
- Experience in delivering solutions on the Linux and/or Windows based platforms
- Being comfortable with Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
Desired skills & experience
- IT (Master/Bachelor) technical degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Proven track record in the role, preferably in an international environment.
- Really good knowledge and experience of Linux OS fundamentals and virtualization concepts; experience with container orchestrations platforms such as Kubernetes or OpenShift are a big nice-to-have.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery using tools such as AzureDevOps, Git, Maven
- Good experience with well-known OSS monitoring tools (such as Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus) as well as dashboard creation.
- Experience with tools such as AzureDevOps, and automated deployment on both container and non-container platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Unix).
- Good Knowledge of Tibco products such as Tibco BW 5x and EMS
- Good knowledge of relational databases; experience with Oracle is a big nice-to-have.
- Nice to have knowledge of Test Automation Tools and Parasoft products
- Able to work under pressure, willing to be on standby outside of office hours.
- Basic knowledge of Scrum / Kanban and Agile methodologies.
- Good English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Affinity with Risk and Compliance experience
- 24x7 Production Support
- disciplined and result-oriented