We’re on a mission!
Banking has changed dramatically over the past years. With ING’s Think Forward Strategy, we are creating a differentiating customer experience.
Within ING Tech – Banking Technology Platform, we are providing a Process Automation Platform(using Pega software) for all 40+ countries to enable our strategic ambitions.
The purpose of our department is to productize our process automation capabilities to the rest of ING word wide. Due to a dynamic market, ING has a greater demand for digitalization with more process automation and more reuse, therefore our role as a global platform is crucial to accelerate this view as we are at the core of process automation.
The Process Automation Platform/One Pega Platform provides a standard and easy way to digitize processes and providing process automation capabilities like workflow management using Pega BPM software. Part of our Platform as a service model, we are providing to our customers services like: Software reusable components, Infrastructure, Life cycle management, Pipelines, Self service capabilities, and Architectural designed guidance, in order for them to build on top of the Platform their customer journey applications, helping them with the heavy lifting of the activities that are not a differentiator in their value proposition and providing them with great opportunities for re-use cross teams, domains and countries.
How you can help us succeed
You are an energetic Senior IT Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mind-set. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary, distributed and cross-functional squad: a self-managing, autonomous unit with end-to-end responsibility for a customer journey whom primary driver is the customer perspective.
You will be involved in the whole development life-cycle (including our 97 Databases!), from refining user stories until monitoring software in production. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
As an Engineer you:
- Help your team grow and think of ways to make solutions scalable and future proof
- Search and propose solutions using the newest technologies
- You are an ambitious DevOps Engineer who can add value based on his/her in depth technical knowledge.
- You are passionate, bring new ideas, open to suggestions and a great team player.
- You have good communication skills and open to learn new skills.
- You are on top of market trends and would be at ease talking about how technology is evolving.
Lead in the adoption of Agile / Scrum practice, methodologies and attitudes. Role model Agile leadership behaviors
- Design, Develop and Implement continuous improvement processes through automation
- Define and implement Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concept into operations
- Train engineers to become multiskilled in order to limit the number of roles and handovers
- Ability to step out of the comfort zone.
- Engineering solutions which are highly secure, performant and maintainable
- Understand Infra/System reliability, resiliency, Reusability, scalability and fault tolerance/recovery
Extensive experience of relational databases, e.g. Oracle: e.g.
- Data Pump , Schema Refreshes Experience in RMAN
- Cloning the database from Prod to Test environments .
- Performance issues troubleshooting.
- Understanding in analyzing AWR report, rebuilding indexes,, defragmentation of tables etc.
- CDB – PDB architecture.
- RAC, Data Guard Architecture .
- Good understanding of working in cloud concepts.
- Experience in automation scripting using one or more of the following languages: Perl, Ruby, Bash, Python, PowerShell
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting solutions (ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, Alert manager)
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by tackling technological debt, conducting code reviews, and refactoring
- Automate routine tasks and ability to optimize code and infra.
- Understanding about Software Architecture, security, networking, Distributed (cloud) storage, AWS S3,GFS etc.
- Build & lead the team, motivate & mentor the team and be the team representative.
- 5-10 years of experience required
What we offer
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home, 36 or 40 hour working week
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Lots of opportunities for personal education and growth
- An enthusiastic team in a welcoming environment
- An area that is always on the move and where we need to ensure continuity as well as to innovate. If you want to make an impact, build a worldwide Platform, you can join the coolest tech area of ING and be a part of the future!