The ING/TECH/BTP/OnePega Platform is looking for a Senior Pega Lead System Architect
We’re on a mission!
Banking has changed dramatically over the past years. With ING’s Think Forward Strategy, we are creating a differentiating customer experience.
Within ING Tech – Banking Technology Platform, we are providing a Process Automation Platform (using Pega softwaree) for all 40+ countries to enable our strategic ambitions.
The purpose of our department is to productize our process automation capabilities to the rest of ING word wide.
Due to a dynamic market, ING has a greater demand for digitalization with more process automation and more reuse, therefore our role as a global
platform is crucial to accelerate this view as we are at the core of process automation.
The Process Automation Platform/One Pega Platform provides a standard and easy way to digitize processes and providing process automation capabilities like workflow management using Pega BPM software. Part of our Platform as a service model, we are providing to our customers services like: Software reusable components, Infrastructure, Life cycle management, Pipelines, Self service capabilities, and Architectural designed guidance, in order for them to build on top of the Platform their customer journey applications, helping them with the heavy lifting of the activities that are not a differentiator in their value proposition and providing them with great opportunities for re-use cross teams, domains and countries.
How you can help us succeed
You are an energetic Senior Pega Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mind-set. You are a team player working as a core member of
a multidisciplinary, distributed, and cross-functional squad: a self-managing, autonomous unit with end-to-end responsibility for a customer journey whom primary driver is the customer perspective.
You will be involved in the whole development life cycle, from refining user stories until monitoring software in production. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
As an Engineer you:
- Help your team grow and think of ways to make solutions scalable and future proof
- Search and propose solutions using the newest technologies
- You are an ambitious Engineer who can add value based on his/her in depth technical knowledge.
- You are passionate, bring new ideas, open to suggestions and a great team player.
- You have good communication skills and open to learn new skills.
- You are on top of market trends and would be at ease talking about how technology is evolving.
- Lead in the adoption of Agile / Scrum practice, methodologies, and attitudes.
- Role model Agile leadership behaviours
- Design, Develop and Implement continuous improvement processes through automation
- Define and implement Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concept into operations
- Ability to step out of the comfort zone.
- Handle Engineering solutions which are highly secure, performant and maintainable
- Design the technical solution and lead the technical team in development activities while ensuring adherence to the COE standards and best practices.
- Performs code reviews and reviews alert logs to ensure application quality is following COE coding standards, UI/UX standards and Corporate Security standards.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of reuse and portability in terms of enterprise solutions seeking to determine and develop repeatable, efficient, and optimal ways of implementing Pega applications
- Play a key role in developing upgrades and enhancements to current Pega applications
- Identify opportunities for automation and assist in implementing automation wherever possible
- Assist with Performance Analysis and fine tuning of Pega Applications
- Assist in resolving high priority or repeating defects by troubleshooting and/or recommending fixes for defects
- Should be a Pega Certified Lead System Architect.
- End to End experience of PRPC-based application design and implementation
- Well versed with class hierarchy, ruleset hierarchy, data layer, flows, flow actions, work baskets, deployment
- Strong in Integration components - Experience with SOAP and RESTful web service implementations, Kafka
- Scalability and Performance tuning the application, App server and database
- Good understanding on BPM best practices, implementation life cycles
- Experience with SCRUM or similar agile SDLC methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Minimum of 5 years experiencee.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home, 36- or 40-hour working week
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Lots of opportunities for personal education and growth
- An enthusiastic team in a welcoming environment
- An area that is always on the move and where we need to ensure continuity as well as to innovate. If you want to make an impact, build a worldwide Platform, you can join the coolest tech area of ING and be a part of the future!