Highlights profile Data & IT Foundation (DITF) epic owner
AM digitalization is one of 4 strategic APG AM2025 themes. Purpose is to become a highly data driven asset manager, to enable high returns, responsible investing leadership, client services at a reasonable cost level. Digitalization is a large program running until (at least) 2025, with high business impact Agile IT execution.
The epic Data and IT foundation has been responsible for designing and (part) delivering the data and IT infrastructure foundations with the AM digitalization theme. It enables the future state data and IT architecture on which we build various business driven applications. Started in 2021 we are now taking things next level, by a.o. rescoping and strengthening focus on delivery. The rescoping implies a firmer focus on IT infrastructure, whereas the more organizational / content parts are being scoped out to a new organization readiness work stream / epic (in progress / July 2022). Furthermore steering this epic is now closer aligned to 2 other, highly dependent epics – the data & Information provisioning and Analytics and visualization. Together a ‘3D steerco’ manages the shared and overall roadmap and dependencies within the Digitalization program, whereas each epic owner maintains responsibility for their own epic.
Basis assignment for DITF epic (owner)
- Finalize designs (pending scope changes) and implementation of an end to end cloud based Data Management Infrastructure & data base technologies as an enabler for Asset Management. With the aim to enable more actionable insights for e.g. portfolio managers and client managers. All necessary infrastructure to be built for data providers, data access and data consumers is in scope. Such as the data access layer, cloud landing zones.
- Transfer delivered infrastructure components to relevant line management (running IT business/exploitation)
- (Help) migrate current DITF scoping and setup
- Reports into the DITF business owner, representing the BaU ownership.
- Coordinating related epics & features via an Agile way of working. Define, scope, coordinate, facilitate, manage stakeholders etc. to get products delivered. Including roadmap /plan, budgeting, costs, deliverables, progress, risks. Value capture is a BaU responsibility.
- Responsible for the End to End approved architectural designs until transfer to line organization (high level architecture was approved 2021, various mid level designs approved or in progress. Pending rescoping of DITF)
- Operational delivery of Global Data Management Infrastructure foundation components
- Direct & assure delivery throughout end to end IT delivery chain (across multiple agile value streams and integration teams, including APG group shared IT Service center (SIS))
- Prepare & communicate on business consequences of delivery
- Provide input to line management and organizational readiness work stream on potential organizational consequences (processes, controls, skills & people) and changed ways of working in IT exploitation & delivery
- Manage all key internal stakeholders, together with 3D steerco
- Ensure full alignment between DITF and other 3D epics
Knowledge & Skills
Agile / project management
- Expert in Program management in combination with an Agile Way of Working, with regards to IT complex transformations in a world of Agile way of working based on SAFe
- From envisioning towards embedding end to end
- Understands delivery in small incremental step