The... You are an energetic Chapter Lead with expertise in software engineering, people management and affinity with building critical applications. You are an Senior Java Engineer, and this will be your role in the squad...
You are an energetic Chapter Lead with expertise in software engineering, people management and affinity with building critical applications. You are an Senior Java Engineer, and this will be your role in the squad for 60% of your time. The remaining 40% you spend on building up expertise in your chapter, developing your chapter members and work with your peers to overcome challenges and collectively do a better job. You co-create the area vision and effectively resource the tribe and squads.
The people in your chapter are equally ambitious as you, and you like to transfer your expertise to them and feel satisfaction from coaching (both professionally as personally) your colleagues. You are ambitious with what you and your chapter want to achieve. You stimulate your chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills. You speak up and challenge the status quo.
Roles and responsibilities
You will work in a dynamic and challenging environment of tribe Mortgages where you will support and build further on the digitalization strategy. We are looking for you to help others to be successful and always be a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions. Does this sound interesting? Please read on!
Your key responsibilities
Creating and safeguarding the professional culture
• Have an active role in embedding the new way of working according to the Agile principles(ING WoW).
• Function as an ambassador for cultural change and advocates the 'organization doing' principles rather than ‘organizational talking’ ones.
• Put in place a culture of self-development and high performing teams.
Manage and achieve IT maturity and the squad's mission
• Spend approximately half of the time(60%) working as a Software Engineer.
• Have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and keep abreast of developments inside and outside of ING.
• Stay one step ahead in the domain of expertise and apply learnings in your specific context,
• Define and ensure application of standards in your own area of IT expertise.
• Organize regular meetings to share relevant insights/developments in your own IT expertise with members of your own chapter and possibly also other chapters.
People and Chapter management
• Be responsible for the personal development and evaluation of the chapter members, based on input from the Product Owner, the Agile Coach and individual squad members.
• Encourage chapter members to develop themselves and facilitate this (e.g. providing training opportunities).
• Provide coaching both in terms of professional and of personal development. Constantly ensure development of individual members' expertise.
• Identify top performers and take action at an early stage for underperformance.
• Support talent acquisition and retention management activities (e.g. interview applicants)
• Discuss resource planning for squads and chapter with the IT Area Lead and Product Owners.
• Be a key member of the Product Owner, Chapter Lead and Agile Coach (POCLAC) sessions, where ways to optimize performance and improvement of capabilities of the squad are discussed
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
You have strong technical skills:
You have Soft skills, Mindset :
Analysis capabilities and testing abilities
Rewards & benefits
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.