Manager Process Control & Resilience Internal Processes & Generic Control | GJA grade 21
GJA job profile - Head of BCO I
With its “Making the Difference” strategy, ING addresses significant changes impacting the
banking industry; from changing customer expectations to FinTechs, regulatory requirements
and digitalization. ING’s future aim is to be the next generation digital bank, offering a single
digital platform or “ecosystem” where customers can find solutions to all of their financial and
finance-related needs. This platform will provide a customer experience that is clear,
convenient and consistent across borders, and will be open to selected third-party products
To enable execution of the Making the Difference strategy, ING has setup an Operational
Design, Control and Resilience department which is a team that works closely with CEO/COO
and ING Board, as well as representatives from all business units and functions under the COO,
and stakeholders across the Bank.
Within ODCR, the three new teams on Process Control & Resilience will cover all relevant 1LoD control and resilience requirements for the bank, segment-wide, location-wide, and across all business lines, ensuring efficient and effective control and resilience by design, while increasing role clarity for the support on the 1LoD business accountabilities.
You hierarchically lead a team of 12 specialists, report to the Head of Operational Design,
Control & Resilience and together with your team, you will be responsible for:
- Control & resilience activities for the ING internal processes. Activities include policy champion, business control, sourcing (intragroup & TP) and service management, business continuity management, etc. across both Wholesale and Retail segments where relevant;
- The control & resilience business partners in this team work closely with business leaders across the organisation, such as Tribe Leads, product owners, and Heads of Operations on ensuring optimal control and resilience of the processes of their respective value chains.
- Creating a vision to optimise control & resilience by design. Items to take in are: role clarity for risk owners in the business domain, assessment of the current (international) process and external requirements, reduction of the administrative effort while maintaining control effectiveness, increasing automation of testing/ 'continuous testing'/ etc..
- Ensuring together with the Tribe Lead/ relevant product owner or Head of Operations that there is a clear planning and approach for incorporating required changes on backlogs and QBRs.
- Implementing a collaboration cycle with business and 2LoD stakeholders to ensure adequate forward looking risk and control management as well as an increase of the resilience of INGs processes;
- Ensuring complete oversight of (key) control implementation and testing for the value chain across all relevant locations and segments (retail and wholesale where relevant);
- Complete monitoring of intercompany and third party contract management as per EBA, ECB and other regulatory requirements;
- Ensure effective and engaged collaboration between the Process Control & resilience community members across countries for the respective value chain.
- Play a community lead role where relevant and ensure this value chain community is thriving: best practices are shared and taken, international collaboration is visibly delivering results, either in efficiency, standardisation across countries, and/or increased effectiveness of control(s);
- Functional steering of the Control hub in ING Hubs IBSS Manila and IBSS Bratislava, working closely with local management to optimally organize the Control hub activities and ensure quality of services provided;
- Policy champion for generic control policies.
We are looking for:
- Hands-on professional with a strong ‘can do’ mentality, highly resilient and able to navigate through ambiguity;
- Organisational sensitivity; deep understanding of the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of the organisation; strong focus on collaboration;
- Ability to take responsibility and make impact based on facts and data; have the managerial courage to question and make decisions.
- Ability to empower a team to act autonomously, think and act out of the box;
- Ability to make impact through inspiring and energetic leadership;
- Ability to ensure continuous improvement of a high performing team.
- Strong coordination and program management skills for running multiple initiatives requiring global resources in multiple locations and overlapping in time (incl. project control, scheduling, stakeholder management, benefit assessment and tracking)
- Outstanding customer focus, understanding external customer needs and addressing internal customer requirements
- Independent and self-driven; able to design the desired outcome and deliverables of the work of the team
- Strong delivery capability, with a proven track record and credibility in achieving results
- Able to work with diverse stakeholders at different levels of seniority
- Strong influencing / negotiation skills to deliver global transformational programs
- Strong prioritization and planning skills; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and ability to think out new solutions (“outside of the box”)
- Strong willingness and ambition to drive process and cultural change
Proven track record and skills:
- University / Post Graduate (Masters Degree)
- Knowledge about the value chain: process, locations, (target) systems, community, risk items, etc.
- 15+ years professional experience in banking/ business consultancy/ risk & control / sourcing
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining highly collaborative, flexible, and
productive teams of peers
- Demonstrated track record of creating and driving a vision for the area/ business line/ department/ process/ etc.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and completing successful sourcing initiatives
- A good understanding of the organisation, strategy and our way of working
- Track record in inspiring others to achieve their goals
- Track record in the implementation of large/complex change
- Experience in working in a global organization with different cultures and maturity levels
- Experience in the field of risk management is preferred
- International experience in Retail, Wholesale Banking and/or support functions experience
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills (senior management level)
- Outstanding oral and written communication, as well as negotiation and change
- Ability to take responsibility, steer strategy and realisations based on facts and data
- Managerial courage to question and make decisions
- Ability to empower teams to act autonomously, think out of the box and hold them
- Ability to simplify complexity and drive operational excellence
- Ability to support yourself and other team members in their development
- Ability to have impact through inspiring and energetic leadership that leads teams through
*Applications close on the 15th August 2022. All candidates will receive a notification the same week if they will join the first round of interviews