ING is looking for a strong IT Area Lead to strengthen its Financial Markets & Group Treasury organization, focused on Competitive Services comprising transaction reporting, trade and communications surveillance, market data and document management.
If you want to work at a place where you will make an impact by developing systems required for compliancy of trading, be responsible for a broad underlying infrastructure (Large international financial markets organization trading different asset classes, across the globe from 6 main locations), work with users and stakeholders found all over the world in Asia, Pacific, Americas, Europe, Middle-east, please read on.
Financial Markets & Group Treasury have formulated a transformation and digitization strategy for the coming 4 years, focus on servicing clients through new channels, with competitive prices and optimal capital levels. A cornerstone of this strategy’s success is our ability to prevent internal market abuse and provide competitive transaction reporting services for our regulators for the growing number of channels and asset classes. This role is central to making it happen.
Your main focus will be on:
- IT Custodianship of our strategic transaction reporting, trade and communication surveillance, market and document data management systems.
- Safeguard a stable and highly available functioning of all systems in the competitive services area and a clear vision for their evolution.
- Structure and clarity with respect to technical roadmaps of systems involved.
- Ensure we simplify and evolve the architecture of systems in the competitive services area to meet the demands of future volumes and new reporting regimes as well as keep it current from the LCM standpoint.
- Ensure we build/buy systems that are can be extended to new products and asset classes.
- Growth and motivation of technical people in your organization, development of highly performing teams
- Change delivery
- Through a people-oriented leadership style you attract, guide and grow your Chapter Leads and Engineers to fulfil our delivery and personal objectives
- Together with the Product Area Lead and IT Area Lead in Tech Romania you drive the projects to ensure compliance with new regulations. You work closely with PAL and their leads to ensure compliancy / LTO and value in line with Tribe priorities
- You focus on sustainable and predictable delivery of our software by Squads in your area where we live up to our promises with respect to quality, timelines and features. You assure and strive for reliable and secure IT assets.
- Staffing/ Hiring
- You will work with IBSS (ING Tech Romania, Manilla) and staffing partners (India based) to attract and employ strong and orange code Engineers, part of our global Squads and global area and mission
- You work with your Chapter Leads to apply an efficient and engaging interviewing process to attract the top 5% of the market talent in the Netherlands, IBSS (Romanian and Manilla) and SSI partners.
- Stakeholders & sustainable backlog
- Jointly with the Product Area Lead of competitive services you take care of stakeholder management. You contribute to the right balance of features with new functionality, features to keep down technical debt, maintain reliability and security of our systems during QBR planning.
- Continuous improvement
- With your technical leadership, together with our Engineers and Architects you assure a sustainable technical vision, to service the business needs in an optimal fashion, today and in the future
- You are on top of software quality and maintainability and reuse and integrate our efforts closely with TPA, keen to maximize contribution as well as consumption where appropriate
- Automated testing and continuous delivery
- Fact-based analysis and continuous improvement focus
- Reduction of infra costs through optimizations
- Proper budget control
Your work environment
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of FM>.
We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in:
- BizDevOps and speaking in one voice with our business colleagues
- Eliminating waste and validating our product development with actual customer needs
- Stellar reliability, security and high quality of what we provide to our customers is a distinguishing competitive advantage we cannot compromise on
- Hiring and retaining great sociable A+ engineers and giving them freedom to pursue quality software development with proper attention to continuous delivery is key to our productivity and happiness
Profile (desired skills & experience)
- Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- You are genuinely interested in and understand the Financial Markets and Treasury business
- You are passionate about growing and developing technical people
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments
- Existing experience in line management of teams responsible for high criticality applications
- 5+ years of past engineering and leadership experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications.
- You value a multi-cultured environment where English is the working language and you easily get on with people from different cultural backgrounds.
What do we offer
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Significant is our employees' individual development, which is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. In addition, we offer rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
At the core of all of this, is our focus on diversity and inclusion. Having diverse opinions and perspectives to ensure we challenge our thinking and build the best for our customers.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.