Job... As an IT Area Lead you are responsible for about 70 engineers working in your area across 3 countries (Netherlands, India, Philippines). You are in charge of how squads are distributed across locations and how...
As an IT Area Lead you are responsible for about 70 engineers working in your area across 3 countries (Netherlands, India, Philippines). You are in charge of how squads are distributed across locations and how engineers are distributed across squads. Together with your chapter leads you create and maintain an engineering culture in which engineers continuously develop themselves and take ownership of their systems and everything that comes with that.
Roles and responsibilities
You are overall responsible for driving the vision across your squads and you know how to find the right balance between delivering high quality, robust systems, taking time for engineers to develop themselves, delivering features for regulators or our business colleagues require and cleaning up old systems. On a broader perspective, together with Enterprise Architecture you own the vision of how the Party & Agreements landscape across Wholesale Banking, focusing on corporate customer data, should take shape.
On a day-to-day basis you are IT Operational responsible for 3 large systems, so you arrange that the ops engineers have sufficient capacity and an efficient way of working to deal with any issues or incidents that might occur. Together with IT Risk specialists you ensure that the systems run in a fully compliant way, and together with developers you shape the future of these systems.
What you’ll be doing
You set the long-term vision and strategy for WB Corporate Customer Data (CCDM)
• You support the architectural and technical vision of CCDM.
• You closely work together with stakeholders that require features on Party & Agreement management.
You decommission and manage legacy and deliver the new target
• You take IT operational responsibility of 2 SOX applications, together with your subject matter experts ensuring all your assets stay compliant.
• You are responsible for delivering the new target system and the migration of the old one.
You build an engineering culture within your area
• You select, coach and mentor the chapter leads in your team, so that they ensure that engineers are engaged.
• You set the technology roadmap for the engineers together with enterprise architects.
• You ensure a psychologically safe environment, where everyone feels comfortable sharing challenges and failures so that everyone can learn from everyone’s mistakes.
What you need to be successful:
• Good knowledge of the Java ecosystem, ideally with hands-on Java experience yourself, so that you understand and respect the challenges of working with legacy Java applications as well as how to design and deliver a state-of-the-art greenfield project.
• Strong stakeholder management skills as you’ll be working closely with several colleagues from business.
• Excellent people management skills, to engage and retain a globally distributed and culturally diverse group of people.
Who we are looking for (expertise)?
Personal Profile (personal skills)
Rewards & benefits
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.