As member of the GPC Accounting chapter you will be working in a complex processing environment, which is migrating in the coming year to a private cloud architecture. Security, Life Cycle Management and automation based on CD/CI are important topics. Our CD/CI pipeline is based on Azure DevOps, TFS, GIT, Ansible so experience in these areas is helpful.
Your responsibilities are:
- Support team in improving our CD/CI approach
- Keep relevant documentation and security up-to-date.
- Be up-to-date with new technologies and apply them when suitable.
Your BusDevOps team
ING is a Bank where IT is core business, and that is leading in an agile way of working, using scrum and squads according to the Spotify model. Squads have functional experts, Dev engineers and Ops engineers. The Dev Engineer delivers software in a 2 weekly sprint rhythm. With your squad you continuously improve and collaborate.
Squads are multi-cultural where some members can be working from an offshore location.
You will be working in Amsterdam.
Opportunities for development
ING is aware that the world is changing rapidly. There is a strong focus on IT craftsmanship. Continuous personal development and learning new IT skills is essential and will be supported to keep you up-to-date.
Next to opportunities for personal development, we offer you a fulltime job based on 36 to 40 hours a week with salary according to banking standards. Additionally you can use free public transport and will receive a 13th month bonus.
You are a team player with following soft skills:
- You have an IT related master degree. Bachelor degree possible in case of sufficient relevant expertise.
- You are eager to improve both yourself and your solutions all the time, and explore new technologies.
- You are proactive and you enjoy helping your colleagues to improve themselves.
- You have a flexible mindset.
- You have extremely good communication and collaboration skills.
- Your English speaking and writing skills are at high level.
- You love refactoring and automation.
- You document everything relevant for future maintenance.
Relevant experience regarding the following skills:
- You have at least two years of fulltime Python development experience.
- You are an experienced CI/CD user. GIT has no secrets for you.
- You have at least three years of Linux experience
- You have at least some years of Oracle experience.
- You have experience with use of Flask.
- You are familiar with test frameworks (like PyTest).
- You know how to design applications; i.e. you decompose application functions into single components, into classes when needed and into API’s.
- You know how to mock, and you can implement and use different mocking patterns.
- You are aware of Docker and containerization.
- You have experience with Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Design approaches.
Having a background in Banking or Financial industry is nice to have.
Interested or wanting to know more?
Share your CV and motivation letter. Extensive summaries of more than 5 pages will not be considered.