Discover Tech Infra Architecture and... At ING we encourage you to `do your thing` and to do more of what you love. In this ambition the Tech Infra Architecture team is to guide and enable our DevOps engineers in the infra...
At ING we encourage you to `do your thing` and to do more of what you love. In this ambition the Tech Infra Architecture team is to guide and enable our DevOps engineers in the infra and engineering departments in doing what they do best: deliver an integrated suite of future proof cloud native technology services ready to be frictionless consumed by ING application developers worldwide.
If this ambition appeals to you join us! Together we`ll empower people and ING business units to realize their own vision for a better future.
Reliable and secure infra and engineering services are at the core of any successful application landscape and we’re on a mandate to deliver the best cloud (native) infrastructure and engineering services that are seamlessly integrated and can be frictionlessly consumed via our DevOps pipeline.
For the expansion of our international team of architects we are searching for somebody who is attracted to that mandate and has the experience to contribute. This person will get the opportunity to work, from within a team of experienced architects, in different infra technology areas and will be guiding and directing our DevOps engineers to deliver on our mandate.
As a part of our strategy, we have built our private cloud build on a broad range of infrastructure components and with these we deliver a broad range of infra services to our internal consumers. Your main task will be to architecture/design our core infra components (focusing on virtualization technologies) that are used as the engine to deliver many of our private cloud services. It is our ambition to build and deliver infrastructure in a software defined way so this should also be part of the knowledge that you bring to our team. As such you are co-shaping the ING Infrastructure and engineering of the future.
Collaborate in a global team of experienced architects setting architecture standards to be endorsed by the Infra Standards & Technology Standards Boards.
Facilitate, research, ideate, prototype and test capabilities for infrastructure foundation needed to build an internal cloud including the automated delivery of them.
Effectively communicate, participate and guide DevOps engineers to deliver on our ambition to build a best in-class private cloud not only on the individual technologies but always with an eye on global integration and service delivery.
Keeping a close relation with the area leads of several tribes and product owners influencing the development priorities and direction.
Initiate and be involved in genesis developments so the architecture team can proactively steer on ‘fit for purpose’.
What you bring to the team
We’re looking for someone with over 5 or more years of experience with designing and architecting infrastructure for environments at large scale. Furthermore, good knowledge and experienceabout the usage of APIs and automation techniques is needed to become a true leader for our colleagues who are engineering the infra services. The willingness to look beyond existing horizons and extending knowledge into other domains to improve the engineering journey of our application DevOps teams.
Besides the technical skills we are searching for someone who on the one hand is a team player, quickly gaining the trust he/she deserves, but who is also not afraid to act as a forward post to promote (and if needed explain and defend) the overall architecture principles while building on the combined knowledge of the teams.
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
But what we hope will set us apart will be the true focus on what awesome Infrastructure services we can deliver when architects combine their strengths using the best infrastructure service to deliver best in class private cloud services. You should be able to take pride in that.
- Bachelor/WO or Masters in Information Technology
- Deep knowledge and broad interest in Compute, Storage, Networking and Virtualization
- Knowledge on software development techniques
- Understanding of cloud delivery model
- A personality and the capabilities to optimally function within an Dev-Ops & Agile environment.
- Road-mapping and dependency management skills
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international setting
- Consultative experience (explain and sell architectures to both engineers and C level management)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English (C1)
- Other languages (Dutch/German/French/etc.) would be a plus
- are able to work both independent as well as a team member
- have the able to manage your own work and set priorities
- have a strong but respectful personality
- understanding of industry best practices
- are proactive, resourceful, and willing to go the extra mile
- have strong analytical & judgement skills to recognize key information, identify problem, establish connections and validate before acting
- have excellent networking skills in an international setting
- have a well-developed cultural sensitivity to work in a highly divers environment
- are curious, structured and fun to work with
- have good architecture design and problem-solving experience and have genuinely written innovative and exciting applications that you can demonstrate
- are well organized, adhere to timelines, accurate and have the passion to deliver technical excellence
- You are positively critical and constantly looking for ways to improve others but also yourself
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring, and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your motivation letter and CV by clicking the “Apply” button.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.