The... ING’s Infrastructure & Engineering team is changing its IT landscape in a highly automated hands-off environment that is deployed via pipelines across multiple clouds. The associated international operations and...
ING’s Infrastructure & Engineering team is changing its IT landscape in a highly automated hands-off environment that is deployed via pipelines across multiple clouds. The associated international operations and monitoring systems are equally being automated for hands-off insights at scale, predictions and remedial actions.
We are looking for Infrastructure Enterprise Architects that drive changing ING’s IT infrastructure into the envisioned global highly automated, everything as code environment that provides our internal consumers frictionless infrastructure.
As Infrastructure Architect we expect you to align the international IT ambitions of our engineering teams and internal consumers, formulate and promote a cohesive future vision and oversee its implementation.
Initially the open position starts in the operations and monitoring area and allows for gradual expansion into adjacent areas of interest based on experience and preference.
The infrastructure & engineering architecture team is an international team of experienced architects. Together we cover the various aspects of our domain, and we create standards and solutions based on demand and our delivery capabilities. This way we prepare ING’s engineering domain for the future.
At ING we encourage you to `do your thing` and to do more of what you love. In our team we therefore build our team on our diverse unique experiences, skills and personal communication styles to deal with the challenges ahead.
What you bring to the team
We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in designing and architecting infrastructure for environments at large scale. Furthermore, good knowledge and experience about the usage of APIs and automation techniques is needed to become a true leader for our colleagues who are engineering the infra services. The willingness to look beyond existing horizons and extending knowledge into other domains to improve the engineering journey of our application DevOps teams.
For the operations and monitoring area we expect design experience in data collection, monitoring, logging, tracing, alerting and/or alternatives with tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, Kafka, Elastic Search, etc.
Besides the technical skills we are searching for someone who on the one hand is a team player, quickly gaining the trust he/she deserves, but who is also not afraid to act as a forward post to promote (and if needed explain and defend) the overall architecture principles while building on the combined knowledge of the teams.
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
But what we hope will set us apart will be the true focus on what awesome Infrastructure services we can deliver when architects combine their strengths using the best infrastructure service to deliver best in class private cloud services. You should be able to take pride in that.
We would like to see:
- Education with a technology and/or complex systems component.
- Deep knowledge and broad interest in technology.
- Knowledge on software development techniques
- Understanding of cloud delivery model
- General idea on the merits of ML/AI
- A personality and the capabilities to optimally function within a Dev-Ops & Agile environment.
- Road-mapping and dependency management skills
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international setting.
- Consultative experience (explain and sell architectures to both engineers and C level management)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English (C1)
- Other languages (Dutch/German/French/etc.) would be a plus
Additionally, the following skills will help you on the job:
- are able to work both independent as well as a team member
- can manage your own work and set priorities
- have a strong but respectful personality
- understanding of industry best practices
- are proactive, resourceful, and willing to go the extra mile
- have strong analytical & judgement skills to recognize key information, identify problems, establish connections and validate before acting
- have excellent networking skills in an international setting
- have a well-developed cultural sensitivity to work in a highly divers environment
- are curious, structured and fun to work with
- have good architecture design and problem-solving experience and have genuinely written innovative and exciting applications that you can demonstrate
- are well organized, adhere to timelines, accurate and have the passion to deliver technical excellence
- You are positively critical and constantly looking for ways to improve others but also yourself
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.