Excited to grow your career?
In ING we value our talented employees and strive to help our employees before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference to our success!
Touchpoint Tribe develops one of the strategic pillars in the strategy of ING, tackling the challenges for ING to become a leader in future banking. Indeed, Touchpoint Platform is a global IT platform based on modular development principles that integrates and enables our business to provide scalable services and solutions to our customers and third parties. It is an open technology platform where producers can share services and consumers can combine these services into scalable business propositions across the bank and third parties. The platform ultimately transforms the way ING does business.
Are you a passionate leader, with great people management skills, and a strong knowledge on software architecture design in a highly complex ecosystem, and interested in notions like Security, Authentication, and Authorization? Would you like to work in an environment where you will have the opportunity to build the nextGen platform for ING that will be used all over the world (Europe, Asia, Australia)? Then this is the job for you.
As a Chapterlead OneGate Software Engineering:
Your key responsibilities
- You work with your peers to overcome challenges and, collectively, do a better job. You co-create the area vision, nurture innovation within it and effectively resource the Touchpoint Tribe and squads working on the OneGate product.
- You are in this role also a hands-on DevOps engineer and a part-time squad member and continue to apply your specific expertise to your squad’s backlog.
- Together with your fellow Chapterleads, the Product Owners and Agile Coaches, you help others to be more successful by focusing on craftsmanship, improving and sharing the Way of Work, and creating a high performing team.
- You are the hierarchical lead of your chapter (+/- 10fte), you support and develop your colleagues through effective knowledge sharing and resource usage and promote the Agile WoW culture.
- You are the lead for performance management, training plans, remuneration and daily people management for your chapter. You ensure the tribe and squads have the right people and skills and develop the members of your chapter.
- You lead the chapter meet-up and ensure way of work-related information is shared and craftsmanship improved.
- You analyze market trends and derive the relevant and for the future necessary adjustments in the craftsmanship.
Creating and safeguarding the professional culture
- Function as an ambassador for cultural change and advocates the 'organization doing' principles rather than ‘organizational talking’ ones.
- Put in place a culture of self-development and high performing teams.
- Manage and achieve IT maturity and the squads mission
- Spend approximately half of the time (50%) working as a Software Engineer.
- Have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and keep ahead of developments inside and outside of ING.
- Stay one step ahead in the domain of expertise and apply learnings in your specific context,
- Define and ensure application of standards in your own area of IT expertise.
- Organize regular meetings to share relevant insights/developments in your own IT expertise with members of your own chapter and possibly also other chapters.
People and Chapter management
- Be responsible for the personal development and evaluation of the chapter members, based on input from the Product Owner, the Agile Coach and individual squad members.
- Encourage chapter members to develop themselves and facilitate this, by providing training, initiative, and project opportunities
- Provide coaching both in terms of professional and of personal development. Constantly ensure development of individual members' expertise.
- Identify top performers and act in an early stage for underperformance.
- drive talent acquisition and retention management activities within your chapter
- Discuss resource planning for squads and chapter with the IT Area Lead and Product Owners.
How to succeed
- Be a key member of the Product Owner, Chapter Lead and Agile Coach (POCLAC) sessions, where ways to optimize performance and improvement of capabilities of the squad are discussed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
You have strong technical skills:
- At least 10 years of experience in the JVM ecosystem
- You have a good understanding of Software Architecture
- Write code that is clean, secure, well tested and documented
- Experience with CI/CD tooling, preferably Azure DevOps
- You know have experience in implementing test strategies (e.g. Pact, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber)
- Experience with Monitoring solutions (Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus)
You have great soft skills:
- Diplomacy and good communication
- Proactive attitude, always on the look-out for improving your and our way of working
- You speak up, are transparent, and are not shy to confront somebody
- You are easy to get along with and really enjoy collaborating with others
- You think in terms of solutions by analyzing facts and information instead of looking for excuses
- Analysis capabilities and testing abilities
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- Location will be Amsterdam, but willingness to travel to Amsterdam regularly!
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life