You will be playing a key role in the design of interesting and wide ranging IT solutions at the Feature level, using practices such as Agile and Continuous Delivery across an array of exciting IT projects in the coming year. You will also be joining a supportive and dynamic team who are responsible for the design and delivery of Trade Finance products.
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whose primary driver is the customer. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test and deliver applications in the scope of your squad. When necessary, you will also contribute to applications maintenance, administering them, and eventually decommissioning them.
As a Dev Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's purpose. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
As a Dev Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing of our applications. You understand the entire stack so that you can bring applications into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineers.
You are in constant dialogue with your tribe: you understand the goal of our business and work in a team of experts to find the most relevant solution for the customer’s needs
The following items are vital in this:
· You build, enhance and maintain JVM based applications, tooling, and scripts.
· Hands-on experience with the design, development and test of JVM based applications clearly is an asset in this respect. Knowledge of any other programming language will be highly appreciated. Willingness to learn other programming codes is indispensable.
· You apply continuous delivery practices as part of your daily work.
· You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfill the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
· You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control
· You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning).
Contribute to the new way of working
· You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to the Agile ceremonies in a Spotify model (stand-up, refinement, retrospective, marketplace…).
· Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the purpose, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
· You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
· You continuously develop your own expertise while gathering, updating, and spreading knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful, and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment.
As a Dev Engineer you will also need:
Skills and competences
· Be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator are your main skills
· A passion for IT
· To be a strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
· IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
· Eagerness to learn and ability to coach and lead a small team.
Experience and specialized knowledge
· You have very good knowledge and experience of the following tools, languages:
o SQL and RMDB
o RESTFul API’s and microservices architecture knowledge
o Spring Framework, mainly Spring Boot, nice to have Spring Integration
o Kafka basic knowledge
· You are familiar with continuous integration and delivery:
· You are familiar with testing, including Test-Driven Development (TDD), end-to-end testing, and Test automation.
· Monitoring tool knowledge:
Education and Professional certifications
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
· Good written and spoken knowledge of English
· Nice to have experiences
o Docker, Openshift, Azure DevOps
We offer you
· Challenging projects & extensive learning options
· Personal development & chapter time (10%)
· Personal coaching from chapter lead and young motivated team colleagues
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life and reward our people with a generous benefits offer and employment conditions.
Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.