Project manager DBNL Tech
Your role and work environment
You will start working as a project manager. However, within ING we call this a Feature Engineer. You will start in a chapter of Feature Engineers working for Payments, Cards and Cash.
The Feature Engineer is a key player in the cooperation between Business and IT stakeholders. You drive to make complex changes happen within and across Tribes. Your holistic view as well as your knowledge of both Business and IT are crucial in the translation of business requirements in a sequence that delivers customer value as early as possible. You define and align the roadmaps between squads – from the same or different Tribe(s) – and other parts of the organization and thoroughly manage dependencies.
Your key responsibilities
Ensure delivery (planning, reporting, coordination, dependencies management)
- You can turn strategic ambitions into actionable roadmaps by turning themes into epics into features per squads. In addition, you enable squads to refine their features into concrete user stories. You manage the size and complexity of features from an end-to-end view. During execution you ensure reporting and follow-up.
- You identify and manage risks and potential issues and offer improvements across teams.
- Together with relevant stakeholders (Architects, Product Leads, Infra, etc), you manage the priority of features with a strong MVP (Minimum Viable Product) mindset. You assign the features (and underlying user stories) to the relevant squads and lead the accurate feature definition and estimation.
Breakdown business requirements into features and user stories
- You develop features in an iterative way, aligned with the delivery of the squads within the relevant domains. You give support during refinement of user stories.
- You are able to translate new product and service needs into required IT solutions and IT infrastructure. You are able to identify, conceptualize and act on new business opportunities from new technology solutions. You think and act globally.
- You follow the market and know what is going on both inside and outside ING. From your understanding of the latest developments in the Business and Technology, you propose structural improvements aimed at moving your domain - processes and applications - closer to target solutions to offer an industry-leading customer experience.
Making things happen by collaboration
- You are comfortable with collaboration and reaching out across Tribes and functional borders and serve as liaison when needed. You easily connect and align stakeholders within all levels of the ING organization, from IT Lead to IT engineer and from Tribe Lead to internal ING user, all with the ING customer journey in mind.
- You are able to implement changes in an end-to-end context covering all functional and non-functional aspects in close collaboration with multiple teams, including IT infrastructure dependencies. Therefore, you demonstrate understanding of IT concepts and have significant knowledge of the IT landscape. In close collaboration with Architects and Infra engineers you make architectural concepts and designs actionable. You guide and challenge IT engineers when making implementation choices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person with a strong focus on delivery and who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Feature Engineer you will also need:
- A strong delivery drive. You are the one making sure things get done.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to find creative ways of driving progress, removing impediments and deliver outcome.
- Minimal 5 years of experience as an (agile) project / program manager and/or business consultant in a complex and challenging IT environment; preferably within banking or financial services.
- Experience with agile way of working.
- A team player mindset, with a 'make it happen' mentality, eager to learn and the ability to coach others.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (captivating, concise and audience-tailored) across different skill and seniority levels.
- Knowledge of the banking industry.
- Knowledge of ING way of working, application landscape and network within ING are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in payments is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new business or technical concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international setting.