Tools Programmer in Amsterdam
Guerrilla’s Amsterdam studio is working on the PS4 exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn. We’re currently looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to join our Tools & Tech Team.
What you will do
- You will help streamline the entire game creation process, taking input from all disciplines;
- You will work together with designers, artists and other programmers to analyze their workflow, identify areas for improvement, and implement tools and processes to increase their productivity and creative freedom;
- You will be shaping the future of our game editor and turning complicated graphics algorithms into elegant one-click solutions;
- You will develop new tools and improve existing ones, keeping a strong focus on the user interface and the underlying workflow process.
Who you are
- You are an experienced C++ or C# programmer with a keen interest in GUI development;
- You have a passion for working closely with the users of your tools, trying to figure out what they really need;
- You have previous experience as a tool developer or a software engineer, preferably in the video games industry;
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment.
- You are comfortable working with a very large existing code-base and tool set;
- You possess knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms;
- You have experience with Maya or other DCC tools, Python scripting or Perforce;
- You have experience with client-server programming and distributed processes;
- You have past experience programming GUI applications;
- You have past experience with large, scalable systems and high performance computing;
- You have past experience in a similar position in the video games industry.
Do's and don'ts
We review countless applications. Follow these golden rules when completing your application;
Upload a code sample in the form of a .zip archive containing:
- A number of at least 10 files that demonstrate your coding abilities;
- A readme document explaining what is in the file and what these files are expected to portray;
- A project that you are proud to share and are able to demonstrate verbally;
- An example that shows an adequate amount of:
- Coding style and standards.
- Share complete projects that takes us alot of time to browse through to find the ‘example’ code;
- Share links to online services such as github, bitbucket, dropbox, google drive, etc.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)