Guerrilla’s Amsterdam studio is most recently known for Horizon Zero Dawn. We’re looking for a Senior Character Concept Artist to design cultures, peoples and costumes for our future projects.
What you will do
- You will work with the Art Director and a team of 2D and 3D artists to establish the direction for our character designs on upcoming projects;
- You will design individual characters in accordance with the established art style, the game design and the narrative requirements;
- You will create briefs and other materials to collaborate with other departments, artists and external parties;
- You will collaborate with and provide feedback to the 3D team via paint/sculpt-overs;
- You will create key art and mood paintings to establish tone, game mechanics, and/or story beats as needed;
- You will create key art and other graphics for marketing and promotional materials, as needed.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of professional creative experience in the field of Games, Film or Art Design;
- You’re self-motivated, a team player, and in possession of good written, visual and verbal communication skills;
- You have impeccable taste and you know how to avoid the trodden path;
- You draw from diverse, eclectic and sometimes unconventional influences;
- You have world-class illustration and design skills, as well as expert-level knowledge of gesture, composition, anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette;
- You are skilled in 2D digital content tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc. with reasonable knowledge of 3D tools such as zBrush;
- You’re a positive, open-minded collaborator who appreciates feedback.
- You have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a character concept artist
All applications MUST contain a portfolio of work. We review countless applications, so follow these golden rules when submitting a portfolio:
- Start with your best and most recent work
- Only include material that you’re confident will impress us
- Focus on the discipline you’re applying for. If you’re an asset artist you need to show us game ready assets. Only include other work if it’s relevant
- Make sure it’s presented in a format which is easy to access and read
- Remember that this is a games development position. Show us relevant examples of work we can use to assess your suitability for the position
Our interviews are direct and challenging. Make sure you prepare and research beforehand. Working in the games industry is not always a creative wonderland and can sometimes be frustrating, tedious or difficult. Research and ensure that your expectations are realistic.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op