This position is for a developer in the Transamerica Technology organization supporting Finance related applications supporting the Investment Reporting team in particular. Develops specifications for enhancements or fixes to existing systems while providing solutions for new systems or functionality. Will deal with clients to determine needs and requirements. Will provide training to co-workers and prepare presentations. Provide direction on projects and may supervise the tasks of other members of the project.
- Develops specifications and technical design for complex projects.
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents programs and sub-systems.
- Designs systems, sub-systems or programs.
- Coordinates with co-workers, clients, operations, technical support, and vendors.
- Develops reports based on business requirements and need.
- Models business processes and data.
- Interfaces with clients to determine requirements, resolve problems, and perform testing.
- Analyzes system and program requirements for complex projects. Identifies multiple solutions to complex problems.
- Designs and develops specifications for complex or cross-functional systems and data structures.
- Analyzes and recommends tools.
- Plans and completes complex IT projects.
- Champions standards, SOX, and best practices.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of software development and research tools.
- Is a resource to others in solving problems and works independently. Prepares presentations and leads meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or technically related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with application, database and ETL development.
- Masters degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical field with 3 years experience is also acceptable.
- Minimum of 8 years development experience.
- Application development in C#, .NET, MVC5, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, jQuery, and AngularJS is highly preferred.
- Will need a background in ETL/ELT processing utilizing SSIS or Informatica.
- Experience utilizing Tableau for visualizations.
- Solid understanding of Big Data and Database Concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Ability to resolve most of complex problems and errors that occur for processes and applications in a division.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision.
- Normal office Environment.
- Minimal travel (less than 10%).
- May be required to work outside normal business hours due to special projects or on-call situations.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)