Are you driven to make the most of our data and driven to give us better insight in the demands of our customers? Are you able to predict if a...
Data Scientist Kruidvat
What do you need for this role?
Are you driven to make the most of our data and driven to give us better insight in the demands of our customers? Are you able to predict if a product or promotion will appeal to them? In other words: will you predict the future of A.S. Watson Benelux? If so, let’s talk about the position of Data Scientist!
Our team of ambitious Data Scientists and Data Consultants works continuously on improving data and translating customer insights to commercial opportunities. Our goal? Make sure that those insights lead to revenue increase and customer satisfaction for our retail formulas Kruidvat and Trekpleister.
For example, last year we:
- automated and standardized reporting methods
- created customer profiles
- developed a purchase performance dashboard
- integrated market data and internal data in reports, so we could provide our colleagues with solid and reliable reports
- replaced and renewed several platforms, which allows us to build even better models for CRM and promotions
As a Data Scientist you develop models for optimizing shop layouts, predicting promotional revenues, or calculating the chance that customer will buy a specific product range. Basically, you predict the future! You investigate, combine and analyze various data sets, based on which you make solid predictions. No decisions are made before you finished your analysis and forecast.
Your daily proceedings consist among other things of:
- analyzing (unstructured) data which are needed for other analyzes;
- prepping data for analyzes;
- performing complex analyzes using statistical models;
- providing valuable new insights on key business themes, such as eCommerce, CRM and competition strategies;
- (together with other Data Scientists) making sure algorithms are used properly;
- preparing and giving presentations for business stakeholders;
- advising others how to translate insights to business processes.
What do you get in advance?
- A scientific degree in Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Informatics or Econometrics.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Data Scientist, Data Specialist or Reporting Analyst in a commercial and result-oriented environment. In this role you gave gained a lot of experience in writing scripts in R and SQL.
- Experience in applying statistical and machine learning techniques such as classification, regression, clustering, algorithms and recommendation engines.
- Preferably you also know how to work with with reporting tools such as Business Objects and dashboarding tools like Tableau.
- A strong personality. As a Data Scientist at A.S. Watson you be will challenged all the time your by smart and opinionated colleagues.
- An independent way of working and the ambition to be(come) your best self!
If you are born anywhere in Europe (EER) feel free to apply! And if you already live in the Netherlands then this is an advantage.
Who can tell me more about this position?
When you enter the Marketing Intelligence department at A.S. Watson you’ll see enthusiastic and driven colleagues working on growth! The success of our organization means that we can invest in marketing. Every day, the world becomes more data driven. Every day, the importance of customer insights and market and competition data grows. Together with your team of colleagues you look back, but also ahead. You make the right forecasts, the right substantiations and you find the right direction for promotions. Thanks to you and your team, our shops are filled with products that our customers want to buy!
Besides a data driven environment we offer you:
- a challenging job in a powerful international organization, that invests in personal development (for example with the A.S. Watson Academy);
- good working conditions! A salary range that fits your level and experience 3.721 to 5.471 euro gross a month, 24 holiday days and an attractive 19-day ATV system on a full-time basis;
- a staff discount on purchases at our stores of Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI PARIS XL;
- an informal, no nonsense work environment, in which open communication, short lines and humor are very important.
Promises must be kept. That’s our believe and that’s what we do. Our HR-policy has won several awards, such as the HR Proffie and Top Employer. We not only invest in good working conditions, but also in our colleagues. We offer you the chance to grow to the level that fits you most!
If you have any questions, please contact Heleen Poirters, Corporate Recruiter, phone: 06 - 83517902.
How many hours will you work?
Waar ga je werken? (work location)
40 hours, 32 to 36 hours is negotiable.
Je bekijkt de volgende vacature:Data Scientist Kruidvat
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op