Business Application Consultant for Corporate Actions and Reconciliation applications. We are preferably looking for a senior and experienced candidate but an eager and quick learning medior with an affinity to work in the financial industry is also welcome.
A couple of years ago APG started automating reconciliation and corporate actions processing in its Asset Management company. Developments are on-going and we have a vacancy for a new specialist in this field. The specialist will work closely with business and application vendors to understand functional requirements and application capabilities. Using this information to configure, setup, and improve the applications in order to automate and support the business processes involved. Main tasks are to:
- Work collaboratively with the business, use established requirements management methodology and tools, to identify, verify and document business, functional and technical requirements to support development of technology and/or business-driven technology solutions.
- Work with other BACs to ensure that the modified application components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed.
- Design and document application components.
- Take care of the development and configuration of application components from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms.
- Test, debug and document components of an application.
- Provide support to production support service requests and perform non-routine maintenance and support activities. Coordinate the implementation of changes between different departments (ICT, business and development).
The Asset Mangement IT (AM-IT) Back Office team consists of 15 professionals performing Business Application Consultant, Run and Change disciplines. We are supporting the Asset Management Back Office Operations team & their systems, including Geneva, XSP & TLM. AM-IT Back Office operates in a varied and challenging environment. A Business Application Consultant performs systems support & maintenance (including upgrades), and development of the applications(s), ensuring testing is performed adequately. The Run team monitors system security & performance and works with ICT to ensure a solid & reliable system infrastructure & performance. The Change team consists of Business Analysts, who determine the design / solution and write the business requirements for any approved enhancement.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum Education at Bachelor level.
- Good knowledge of business(processes) and products.
- Specialized knowledge of application engineering, implementation, processes and methodology in own area of expertise and adjoining areas.
- Fluent English in writing and presenting.
- Professional, always translating resistance towards change into benefits and solutions.
- Dares to say no to management with reasoning: has strong influencing skills.
- Outside In drive and initiates change without being asked (take initiative on improvements).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Never loses focus on the end goal.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.5 million people on behalf of several pension funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants cost effectively. We contribute to a quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer and Top ICT Employer titles since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
This position is a scale 9 position.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)