As we expand our team and our ambitions, Guerrilla is looking for a talented Senior Writer with a strong understanding of drama, dialogue, and story structure. The ideal candidate would have significant experience in incorporating such understanding into mission or quest writing and narrative design for AAA games.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will pitch compelling ideas for quests, factions, and backstories.
- You will write quest dialogue, ambient dialogue, story outlines, and faction documents.
- You will develop narrative designs for quests, gameplay activities, and game features.
- You will support teams throughout the studio with their narrative needs while advocating for the game’s emotional arc.
- You will mentor junior writers, helping them level up.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 4+ years of experience as a writer in games (other relevant media might also count).
- You have writing experience on at least one shipped AAA game title, preferably more.
- You’ve played our most recent games and can discuss them with familiarity.
- You have a background and/or training in dramatic writing and story structure.
- You possess extensive knowledge of stories and narrative design in other games.
- You are proficient with prompt revisions based on rapidly evolving feedback.
- You have the strong desire to embrace and evangelize a rich, complex game world and story.
- To be considered, you must submit 3 samples, 10 pages or less each.
- At least one sample must be game writing, but prose, segments of screenplays or plays, and/or segments of comic books or graphic novels may also be included.
- Links to short videos of published work can substitute for written samples.
- Your samples should demonstrate an understanding of dramatic conflict and skill with dialogue.
- To be considered, you must also submit a cover letter with three sections, listed below.
- You must briefly introduce yourself and describe why you want to work at Guerrilla.
- You must briefly describe your background and how you became a writer.
- You must briefly describe the proven methods you rely on to write great stories.
- Only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- This is an on-site position and therefore not applicable for freelance or remote contract work.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op