Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500+ Catawikians working across international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
Our engineering team has grown to 70 Developers and they collaborate on solving complex problems that result from our increasing numbers of sellers and buyers around the world (15 million monthly visitors and rising).
As Engineering Manager of one of our product verticals, you will manage 20+ engineers across two or three technology teams. working with them and the Product Lead to craft the roadmap, align it with business goals, and deliver it. As one of our first Engineering Managers, you will play an integral part in structuring processes, helping to build on our high-performance culture, and shaping how engineering happens at Catawiki. The 3 most important aspects of your job will be:
Strategy & Planning:
- Aligning closely with the product head for product & technical goals within your domain.
- Linking tech efforts to business goals; You know how to shape, mold and develop the engineering team to ensure they are moving in the same direction as the business.
- Communication across teams; You are the first point of technical contact for their topic.
Team Building & Management :
Who you are
- You play a leading role in appraisals, reviews, coaching and mentoring, ensuring the team feels engaged and valued.
- You think actively about both the professional development of existing team and the best way to attract and retain the best new talent.
Here’s what we can offer you
You have at least 10 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you have built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems adding tangible value to the business and its users.
A proven leader who has scaled up and managed within a consumer-facing Online business, playing a key role in aligning the technology strategy with the business objectives. Ideally you have a background in e-commerce, Logistics, or Delivery (or a business with a physical component) but this is not a prerequisite.
Experienced in developing a clear vision and direction for your team. You’ll be well versed in planning the career path of team members, ensuring engineers are engaged and inspired.
A Role model for Engineers at Catawiki. Perhaps you speak at conferences, events or meetups about best practices in engineering and team building.
- A strong manager of stakeholders with demonstrable experience of working closely with the senior leadership of a business. You think in terms of the value added to the business and users and know the trade-offs to make between product and tech.
A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
- Amsterdam or Assen
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op